CLS LR Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CLS LR

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bach-City

Bronze

Re: CLS LR

Post by Bach-City » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Last edited by Bach-City on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Longtimecoming19

Bronze

Post by Longtimecoming19 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:49 am

I think it's safe to assume that if they ask about it, it matters to them. My guess is that saying you're transferring means auto-ding for LR. I advocate lying - they have no right to demand this information, and if they're using it for a legitimate purpose, won't be prejudiced by your untrue answer.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:11 am

Longtimecoming19 wrote:I think it's safe to assume that if they ask about it, it matters to them. My guess is that saying you're transferring means auto-ding for LR. I advocate lying - they have no right to demand this information, and if they're using it for a legitimate purpose, won't be prejudiced by your untrue answer.
lol no

Longtimecoming19

Bronze

Post by Longtimecoming19 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:22 am

barkschool wrote:
Longtimecoming19 wrote:I think it's safe to assume that if they ask about it, it matters to them. My guess is that saying you're transferring means auto-ding for LR. I advocate lying - they have no right to demand this information, and if they're using it for a legitimate purpose, won't be prejudiced by your untrue answer.
lol no
Well, you've certainly persuaded me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Longtimecoming19 wrote:
barkschool wrote:
lol no
im sure the transfer checkbox is just a sorting mechanism.

My school had a similar box, and they were just graded by different people. No more or less stringent requirements.

devilsadvocatetroll

New

Post by devilsadvocatetroll » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:50 pm

barkschool wrote:
Longtimecoming19 wrote:
barkschool wrote:
lol no

My school had a similar box, and they were just graded by different people. No more or less stringent requirements.
I'm a 0L but the fact that they are being sorted into a different pile and being graded by different people does not sound like being a transfer does not matter...why have the box in the first place then?

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:57 pm

devilsadvocatetroll wrote:
barkschool wrote:
Longtimecoming19 wrote:
barkschool wrote:
lol no

I'm a 0L but the fact that they are being sorted into a different pile and being graded by different people does not sound like being a transfer does not matter...why have the box in the first place then?
Because the transfer write-on happens at a different time than the normal write-on.

Longtimecoming19

Bronze

Post by Longtimecoming19 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:15 pm

lavarman84 wrote:
barkschool wrote:
Longtimecoming19 wrote:
barkschool wrote:
lol no

Because the transfer write-on happens at a different time than the normal write-on.
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, we're talking about current CLS students who are applying for CLR, and CLR is asking whether they plan to transfer away from CLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Longtimecoming19 wrote:
lavarman84 wrote:
barkschool wrote:
Longtimecoming19 wrote:
barkschool wrote:
lol no

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, we're talking about current CLS students who are applying for CLR, and CLR is asking whether they plan to transfer away from CLS.
I'm not sure how that's possible. The poster posted this over a month after the write-on for CLS students happened. I guess it's possible, but at this point, it wouldn't matter what we advised the OP. :lol:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:06 pm

OP here! Thanks everyone for your responses. Not that it matters anymore, but I did check that box and was wondering whether that auto-dinged me. The instructions said that it would not affect my application, but I was naive I guess! (Or did a horrible job lol)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”