Transferring from low ranked school Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
topflight

New

Transferring from low ranked school

Post by topflight » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:12 am

I'm currently at a low ranked school and finished my first year with a 3.3 gpa which puts me in the top 20%. I would like to transfer to schools ranked in the top 100 on the East Coast. Any advice or insight that you all can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Ever196

New

Re: Transferring from low ranked school

Post by Ever196 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:02 pm

topflight wrote:I'm currently at a low ranked school and finished my first year with a 3.3 gpa which puts me in the top 20%. I would like to transfer to schools ranked in the top 100 on the East Coast. Any advice or insight that you all can provide will be greatly appreciated.
We need more information. Would you be satisfied with any school in the "top 100"? Are you at a T4 school or T3? What are your career goals? If you are fine with any school on the east coast that is "top 100" you "should" get into a place like Brooklyn law school but I do not know if that is worth it for you. Did you attend your current school with the intent of transferring?

RaceJudicata

Gold

Re: Transferring from low ranked school

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Better get moving, transfer window is closing fast.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”