J.D. Visitor at SMU (or any school experience) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sprinx

New

J.D. Visitor at SMU (or any school experience)

Post by sprinx » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Hey TLS,

I am not sure if this is the right thread, but has anyone participated in a J.D. visitor program where you study away at another law school for a semester? I would like to visit at SMU next year and wanted to know if anyone has personal experience with the program at SMU or any other school as well. I looked at their website and googled others. Any personal insight about admissions into the program or your overall experience would be great! Thanks.

sprinx

New

Re: J.D. Visitor at SMU (or any school experience)

Post by sprinx » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:30 am

Bump

Roy McAvoy

Bronze

Post by Roy McAvoy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:46 pm

SMU accepts visiting students, there was one in one of my classes this past year. I believe they were a UT student. No idea how their experience was.

TierForceOne

New

Post by TierForceOne » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:SMU accepts visiting students, there was one in one of my classes this past year. I believe they were a UT student. No idea how their experience was.
I'm a little ignorant about this...what is the benefit to the UT student to doing transient admissions to SMU?

I'm a SMU student myself, and enjoy it, but don't see the point.

OP, I don't have experience with the program, and you probably already know enough about SMU to want to visit for a year, but we have highly-paid, well-qualified professors, and I'm sure you would enjoy your stay. Also the undergrad campus is right next door---the rumors about us having some of the world's most beautiful women are not overstated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”