Chances of losing scholarship if trying to transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Associate

New

Chances of losing scholarship if trying to transfer?

Post by Associate » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm at a T2 on a full scholarship. My current school doesn't rank students, but I earned the highest marks in each of my first semester classes and would like to transfer. I would be targeting top schools with the exception of one T20. If I'm asking my professors for LORs and the administration for letters of good standing for my applications, is there any reason to think my scholarship would be dropped if I end up not transferring? Even if it's not likely to happen, still something that has crossed my mind.

Thanks in advance.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: Chances of losing scholarship if trying to transfer?

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Check the contract you signed/terms of your scholarship. If there are no stips then you should be fine if it was guaranteed for three years.

If it wasn't guaranteed for three years, you might be in trouble.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Agree with checking the contract, but it is HIGHLY improbable they'd take any adverse action against you. I promise you arent the first person attempting to transfer with a scholarship.

Associate

New

Post by Associate » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Thanks all! I just need to remain in good standing to keep the scholarship, so shouldn't be a problem then.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:15 pm

timmmmmmy wrote:you will lose scholarship. I hope you're somewhere warm, being homeless ain't easy!
This is completely ridiculous advice. Timm...y if you know of a SINGLE school that revokes scholarships for simply attempting to transfer, you should let us know. Hundreds of students (many on scholarship) attempt to transfer each year, and there has not been one story of a scholarship being revoked (here, ATL, anecdotal, otherwise).

OP - don't buy into the fear mongering unless s/he can give some facts.

ETA: just looked at Timmy's posts, seems like a real nice guy or gal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”