Opinions/Advice on Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hmzator

New

Opinions/Advice on Transfer

Post by hmzator » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:57 pm

T3 California School: Finished top 4%.
Applied to a few CA schools but haven't heard from them. Definitely possible I do not get into any of them.
However, I have been accepted to Georgetown. I want to practice in CA; my family/girlfriend/ties are here; full ride; law review. The problem is I do not know what opportunities my T3 degree will bring me even if I manage to finish at top of class.

Assuming I do not get into any of the CA schools I applied....
Would it be better to stay at my T3 and hopefully finish top of class or go to Gtown and maybe finish middle (just an estimate).
Remember my family/friends/girlfriend are here so it would be a big transition..

Any relevant advice would be greatly appreciated.

ladybug1989

Bronze

Re: Opinions/Advice on Transfer

Post by ladybug1989 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:25 pm

Last edited by ladybug1989 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bilka

Bronze

Post by Bilka » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:20 pm

hmzator wrote:T3 California School: Finished top 4%.
Applied to a few CA schools but haven't heard from them. Definitely possible I do not get into any of them.
However, I have been accepted to Georgetown. I want to practice in CA; my family/girlfriend/ties are here; full ride; law review. The problem is I do not know what opportunities my T3 degree will bring me even if I manage to finish at top of class.

Would it be better to stay at my T3 and hopefully finish top of class or go to Gtown and maybe finish middle (just an estimate).
Remember my family/friends/girlfriend are here so it would be a big transition..

ladybug1989 wrote:Depends on what your career goals are. If you want to do government work or criminal defense, then staying wouldn't be a bad idea. Also, since you're a top student at your current school, it indicates you have a strong work ethic and will likely be above median, should you maintain your hard work.

I will also have a dilemma should I be accepted to USC. I'm in at GULC, but ultimately want to work in SoCal. Wondering if going to USC would be a better choice (if admitted). I want BigLaw eventually. If anyone can provide input, I'd appreciate it.
Did either of you apply to UCLA or Berk?

ladybug1989

Bronze

Post by ladybug1989 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:32 pm

Bilka wrote:
hmzator wrote:T3 California School: Finished top 4%.

ladybug1989 wrote:Depends on what your career goals are. If you want to do government work or criminal defense, then staying wouldn't be a bad idea. Also, since you're a top student at your current school, it indicates you have a strong work ethic and will likely be above median, should you maintain your hard work.

I will also have a dilemma should I be accepted to USC. I'm in at GULC, but ultimately want to work in SoCal. Wondering if going to USC would be a better choice (if admitted). I want BigLaw eventually. If anyone can provide input, I'd appreciate it.
Did either of you apply to UCLA or Berk?
Yep, both. I didn't mention UCLA in my post above because I'm almost certain I'd pick it over GULC. And Berk I don't think I have a realistic shot (T4 6%). But we'll see.

hmzator

New

Post by hmzator » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:39 pm

Yeah. I applied to USC UCLA and Berk
In at USC
Out at Berk
Waiting to hear from UCLA, just interviewed.

USC (sticker 2 years but can handle it) > being top of class at t3, full ride, law review?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:57 pm

I would actually seriously consider staying at the T3 with scholly over USC at sticker.

Timetotransfernow

New

Post by Timetotransfernow » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:25 am

Pretty sure you're in at UCLA.

UCLAHopeful16

New

Post by UCLAHopeful16 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:01 pm

hmzator wrote:Yeah. I applied to USC UCLA and Berk
In at USC
Out at Berk
Waiting to hear from UCLA, just interviewed.

USC (sticker 2 years but can handle it) > being top of class at t3, full ride, law review?
I'm guessing you're at Chapman? I would definitely transfer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”