Michigan Transfer 2016 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
acr

Silver

Re: Michigan Transfer 2016

Post by acr » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:28 pm

Joscellin wrote:
acr wrote:Officially heading to Ann Arbor in the fall! To those who haven't been accepted yet, good luck! To those who have, congrats and I can't wait to meet everyone in the fall!
Enjoy Michigan!
Thanks man. Good luck with your transfer cycle!

dracula

New

Post by dracula » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:02 am

dracula wrote:Got my acceptance call today! Top 10% T20

Career Services already got in touch and started to give prep for EIW! pretty impressed haha
Withdrew today! Hopefully this opens up a spot for those of you still waiting, good luck TLSers :)

Tala29

New

Post by Tala29 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:49 am

Hi,

Also officially heading to Ann Arbor! Is there anymore of us? This seems like a small transfer class! :)

Transfer2016

New

Post by Transfer2016 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:49 pm

Any housing recommendations from current Michigan Law students?

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Headcount of people doing write-on? Really not sure if the slim odds of getting on LR is worth pulling an all-nighter for...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ilikecoldweather

New

Post by Ilikecoldweather » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Last edited by Ilikecoldweather on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

houritsu

New

Post by houritsu » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:57 pm

Last edited by houritsu on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

warby93

Bronze

Post by warby93 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:26 pm

houritsu wrote:Seems like this thread has quieted down, but (on the off chance someone knows) when should transfers expect to hear back on decisions for LR/secondary journals? I noticed one secondary listed in their timeline that they would notify those who are accepted on August 1st, but I was curious if this is the same for all of the journals, or could possibly vary (depending on how many applications they receive, for instance)?
I don't have an inside source to confirm this, but I've heard MLR/Journals are supposed to get back with all applicants by the start of EIW.

AprilintheD

New

Post by AprilintheD » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:11 pm

3.74 from Wayne State Law and transferred to Michigan.

Writing this for any Wayne Law student like myself who wanted to see if it was possible. Dream came true when I got the offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jdmonkey

Bronze

Post by jdmonkey » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:51 am

warby93 wrote:
houritsu wrote:Seems like this thread has quieted down, but (on the off chance someone knows) when should transfers expect to hear back on decisions for LR/secondary journals? I noticed one secondary listed in their timeline that they would notify those who are accepted on August 1st, but I was curious if this is the same for all of the journals, or could possibly vary (depending on how many applications they receive, for instance)?
I don't have an inside source to confirm this, but I've heard MLR/Journals are supposed to get back with all applicants by the start of EIW.
Yes. You know what publication you are on in advance of EIW, so you have it for the resume. I would strongly consider doing the journal you are most intellectually interested in, as opposed to what seems the most prestigious, because that way it is less of a chore. Also if you are interested in the subject matter it is easier to get published. Kind of like with courses if you really find the material fascinating you tend to do better just cause studying doesn't suck.

jdmonkey

Bronze

Post by jdmonkey » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:35 pm

I also recommend taking any required courses your first semester, since the clinics and seminars are usually full, so you might as well bang out the doctrinals needed for graduation. You get two retroactive pass/fails that can be used for any course including a required one. Water wars is a good course to take first semester to balance the workload, cause it isn't on the curve and there is no exam. The general rule of thumb is if a class has less than 30 people it isn't on the curve.

houritsu

New

Post by houritsu » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:45 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”