UCLA Transfer 2016 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rysiir

New

UCLA Transfer 2016

Post by rysiir » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:38 am

I'll start this one.

Got my application in last week, just waiting for my letter of good standing to arrive.

Stats:

T2 (Rank 50-55) east coast school
3.89 GPA
Top 4%
Some CA Ties

Rounder74

New

Re: UCLA Transfer 2016

Post by Rounder74 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:15 pm

Hello, Checking in as well, Tier 4 SOCAL, Top 15% strong softs, veteran, strong CA ties especially to LA. I turned in my application almost 2 weeks ago and all they are waiting on is my letter of good standing.

UCLAHopeful16

New

Post by UCLAHopeful16 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:28 am

I'm at TT and top 15%. I was offered an interview and am interviewing on Monday. Does anyone have any experience with the interviews or whether getting an interview is a good sign? Looking at previous years, getting an interview seemed to be a good sign. Not everyone that gets an interview gets in, though. Any thoughts?
Last edited by UCLAHopeful16 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rounder74

New

Post by Rounder74 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Not totally sure but I would say that getting an interview is a step in the right direction. Someone I intern with got an interview offer, and we turned in our applications around the same time and I am still waiting to hear something. I'm crossing my fingers

rysiir

New

Post by rysiir » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:32 pm

Offered an interview today. Would love to know what to expect, hah.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bilka

Bronze

Post by Bilka » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:40 pm

UCLAHopeful16 wrote:I'm at Pepperdine and top 15%. I was offered an interview and am interviewing on Monday. Does anyone have any experience with the interviews or whether getting an interview is a good sign? Looking at previous years, getting an interview seemed to be a good sign. Not everyone that gets an interview gets in, though. Any thoughts?
rysiir wrote:Offered an interview today. Would love to know what to expect, hah.

Submitted Monday night on LSAC, still no status checker email. Did it take some time?

And have you guys submitted Spring grades or was the interview request before?

rysiir

New

Post by rysiir » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:53 pm

Bilka wrote:
UCLAHopeful16 wrote:I'm at Pepperdine and top 15%. I was offered an interview and am interviewing on Monday. Does anyone have any experience with the interviews or whether getting an interview is a good sign? Looking at previous years, getting an interview seemed to be a good sign. Not everyone that gets an interview gets in, though. Any thoughts?
rysiir wrote:Offered an interview today. Would love to know what to expect, hah.

Submitted Monday night on LSAC, still no status checker email. Did it take some time?

And have you guys submitted Spring grades or was the interview request before?
My timeline was:

LSAC Submitted - 5/26
Status Checker - 5/27
Spring Grades in - 6/1
Interview Offer - 6/9

Rounder74

New

Post by Rounder74 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:37 pm

I turned in my application on LSAC on 5/27 and same day got a status checker. Turned in my unofficial spring grades on 6/6, LSAC confirmed my official transcripts were received today 6/10 still waiting to hear word about an interview.

UCLAHopeful16

New

Post by UCLAHopeful16 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:45 pm

I was accepted today. Interviewed yesterday actually. I can't wait to attend UCLA. I'll be withdrawing all my other apps. Good luck to everyone.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Joscellin

Gold

Post by Joscellin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:47 pm

UCLAHopeful16 wrote:I was accepted today. Interviewed yesterday actually. I can't wait to attend UCLA. I'll be withdrawing all my other apps. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats!

Shell62

New

Post by Shell62 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:54 pm

UCLAHopeful16 wrote:I was accepted today. Interviewed yesterday actually. I can't wait to attend UCLA. I'll be withdrawing all my other apps. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats! Email or phone call?

UCLAHopeful16

New

Post by UCLAHopeful16 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Shell62 wrote:

It was by phone call.

Bilka

Bronze

Post by Bilka » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:16 pm

UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
Shell62 wrote:

It was by phone call.
Congrats! Stats?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

UCLAHopeful16

New

Post by UCLAHopeful16 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Bilka wrote:
UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
Shell62 wrote:

It was by phone call.
Congrats! Stats?
15% at so Cal TT.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:37 pm

UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
Bilka wrote:
UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
Shell62 wrote:

It was by phone call.
Congrats! Stats?
15% at so Cal TT.
Congrats! When did you apply?

UCLAHopeful16

New

Post by UCLAHopeful16 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:57 pm

estefanchanning wrote:
UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
Bilka wrote:
UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
Shell62 wrote:

It was by phone call.
Congrats! Stats?
15% at so Cal TT.
Congrats! When did you apply?
Thanks. Sunday night. Interview offer Tuesday. Interview Thursday. Acceptance Friday. I am beyond pumped.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:14 pm

That's awesome! I applied mid may, interviewed late may, and now waiting to hear back.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bilka

Bronze

Post by Bilka » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:23 pm

estefanchanning wrote:That's awesome! I applied mid may, interviewed late may, and now waiting to hear back.

What was the interview like?

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:37 pm

Bilka wrote:
estefanchanning wrote:That's awesome! I applied mid may, interviewed late may, and now waiting to hear back.

What was the interview like?
Very casual. I did mine over Skype, wore a polo and jeans (if that matters? Just don't wear a tank)

They asked generic questions like why I want to transfer etc. They also pressed on any weak points that my app had (i.e why I'm not part of many extra curricular activities). Overall, I'm not sure if the interview adds anything. They just wanna make sure you're not cray.

TransferPLS

New

Post by TransferPLS » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:42 pm

I have a skype interview coming up. Would appreciate it greatly if folks can share what they ask during the interview. Thanks!

Shell62

New

Post by Shell62 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:51 pm

TransferPLS wrote:I have a skype interview coming up. Would appreciate it greatly if folks can share what they ask during the interview. Thanks!
See above. Very generic questions. (How was 1L? Why law school? Why transfer? Any questions? Will also probe you on any weaknesses in your app so be prepared and good luck!)

Same, radio silence since interview. This can't be good if acceptances are rolled out day after.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TransferPLS

New

Post by TransferPLS » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Thanks for the answer! Reading this forum has made me more nervous.
Shell62 wrote:
TransferPLS wrote:I have a skype interview coming up. Would appreciate it greatly if folks can share what they ask during the interview. Thanks!
See above. Very generic questions. (How was 1L? Why law school? Why transfer? Any questions? Will also probe you on any weaknesses in your app so be prepared and good luck!)

Same, radio silence since interview. This can't be good if acceptances are rolled out day after.

UCLAHopeful16

New

Post by UCLAHopeful16 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:00 pm

Shell62 wrote:

Not necessarily. What are your guys stats? Last year some people got in 2-4 weeks after the interview. I think I was just lucky.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:20 pm

UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
Shell62 wrote:

Not necessarily. What are your guys stats? Last year some people got in 2-4 weeks after the interview. I think I was just lucky.
Yeah, I'm hoping that's the case haha. I think they started their acceptances late Friday when you got accepted and they'll reach out to more people next week. Historically their acceptances have began on the 3rd Monday of June. (At least according to the reportable stats we have on TLS) fingers crossed

EDIT: stats: T4, #1, 4.0+, good softs, 6 CALI's

UCLAHopeful16

New

Post by UCLAHopeful16 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:02 am

estefanchanning wrote:
UCLAHopeful16 wrote:
Shell62 wrote:

Yeah, I'm hoping that's the case haha. I think they started their acceptances late Friday when you got accepted and they'll reach out to more people next week. Historically their acceptances have began on the 3rd Monday of June. (At least according to the reportable stats we have on TLS) fingers crossed

EDIT: stats: T4, #1, 4.0+, good softs, 6 CALI's
Are you in CA? I think strong LA and CA ties gave me a boost. You should get in, though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”