Date of Submitting Application Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Date of Submitting Application

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 07, 2016 6:45 pm

Does the date you submit your materials matter for any schools? I probably won't get back at least one grade until late May-early June. And I know some schools require your undergrad to send transcripts or certs, which can take added time. Want to make sure I'm not behind just because I waited to do this until after finals; and my school is notoriously slow with grades.

jphiggo

Bronze

Re: Date of Submitting Application

Post by jphiggo » Sat May 07, 2016 9:23 pm

I think it is helpful to get your applications submitted quickly, even if its waiting a transcript for the second semester. What you can do is immediately e-mail them your unofficial second semester transcript, once you have it, and then have the school send it snail mail. The more you can front load this work for yourself, the better. But it also allows the school to know which files to keep an eye on. The apps I did this for last year had the fastest turn around times, where some of my others took several weeks longer than expected because by the time they received my application packet they were swamped.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Should i have the school send an official copy of my first semester transcript to the schools, or just send them an unofficial copy?

jphiggo

Bronze

Post by jphiggo » Sat May 07, 2016 10:08 pm

Well unless you're applying for an EA program (which it would be late to do I'd imagine), it doesn't really matter if they get the first semester grades officially or not, because they'll get them when they get the second semester official grades.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Mon May 09, 2016 10:30 am

Send your app in late May and have all of your certifications sent. That way, the only thing you're waiting on is the final grades and to have your LS send official transcript to your school.

Also, if you're k-JD, make sure you send updated UG transcripts to LSAC, so that they have an undergrad degree conferred on your profile. Otherwise you can't apply to transfer.

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Mon May 09, 2016 2:28 pm

Also, if you're k-JD, make sure you send updated UG transcripts to LSAC, so that they have an undergrad degree conferred on your profile. Otherwise you can't apply to transfer.[/quote]

This. I ran into this problem and corrected it a month ago. Watch out for this, as it will only delay everything. Tell UG to send a new transcript to your current LS!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”