Top Quarter at T1 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Top Quarter at T1

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:52 am

I'm right at the top quarter cutoff. Hoping to do slightly better and maybe crack the top 20%. Where do you think I'd have a chance at transferring to?

I'm only paying $12,000 a year in tuition, and also benefiting from a tuition freeze. Is it even worth it to transfer at all considering my options?

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Re: Top Quarter at T1

Post by eyeofvigilence » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm right at the top quarter cutoff. Hoping to do slightly better and maybe crack the top 20%. Where do you think I'd have a chance at transferring to?

I'm only paying $12,000 a year in tuition, and also benefiting from a tuition freeze. Is it even worth it to transfer at all considering my options?
GULC, NU maybe? How far down are you hoping to transfer? Can you get biglaw at your T1 from 25%? If you can, and that's what you want, I'd stay 100%. $12,000 is chump change compared to 50k+/year at higher ranked schools.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:15 am

[/quote]

Can you get biglaw at your T1 from 25%? [/quote]

No, otherwise it'd be a no-brainer. But with my minimal debt I figure a decent paying job would be just as good. The problem is I'm not really keen on practicing in this region. I'd prefer to live in a big city, but the cost of transferring and the requirement of working biglaw (if I even get it) to pay it off doesn't sound fun.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:17 am

I don't know how to quote on these things, I think there's a preview button though

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”