visiting student Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ontopoftheworld

New

visiting student

Post by ontopoftheworld » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:24 am

situation:

Want to stay in CA
Transfer to out of state (for better ranked school- cant get in high ranked in CA)
Apply as visiting student last semester to a school in CA (high ranked) or such before graduating (for purposes of connection/employment opp)

anyone has done that?

Goldie

Bronze

Re: visiting student

Post by Goldie » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, you generally have to spend 2 years at the school you want to graduate from. I'm a transfer and I know my new school at least requires you to do the full 2 years there, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was an ABA rule too. So do your research before making a plan like this.

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Re: visiting student

Post by eyeofvigilence » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:34 pm

I think Goldie is right. I don't think you can be a visiting student after transferring. Honestly, I don't think you need to be a visiting student to network in CA. Where do you want to transfer to?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”