BC/BU to H (local student) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bcbutransfer

New

BC/BU to H (local student)

Post by bcbutransfer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi all-- I'm in a bit of an interesting situation and wondering if you all could give me some advice. Just got my grades, at BC/BU as noted--3.78.

The school doesn't offer a rank at this point. But looking at last year's grade distribution from the end of the year, this GPA would put me above the top 5%, which is 3.75 cutoff.

Anyways, I am evaluating my options right now. I like where I'm at and am confident I would be able to land a biglaw position if I wanted it. I'm from the Boston area and have little interest in practicing anywhere else, except maybe DC. I am not dead set by any means on biglaw, though, and would love to get into policy/government work at some point, if not right out of school. Being from the area and having work experience in the legal/government community here, I have my own network that is also pretty solid.

The only school I really would see myself transferring into if it were available is Harvard. Any thoughts on chances? I'm also interested in seeing how I can use this situation I'm in to get some extra scholarship money from my school. I'm getting 50%. Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks

jphiggo

Bronze

Re: BC/BU to H (local student)

Post by jphiggo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Come back after second semester grades for chances. But, it looks like you have great grades this semester. If you keep it up you likely would not have a problem transferring to H. Obviously being local helps with the transfer admission at H, looking at their 509 report.

Would you be leaving behind money at your old school? Harvard has need-based aid, but you wouldn't be getting any merit based aid coming from them.

Anyways, not really sure why anyone posts a non-ea transfer chances thread when they are only half way to the finish line. Focus on grades and bar review, not on transferring unless you are wanting to EA/ED.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Re: BC/BU to H (local student)

Post by NoDayButToday » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:43 am

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”