top 40-45% at t20, is it even worth applying to GULC EA? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

top 40-45% at t20, is it even worth applying to GULC EA?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:52 pm

I understand that I didn't do amazingly in the fall and I'll work to boost grades next semester, but would you guys think that it is worth applying from a top20 school?

juliuscasear90

New

Re: top 40-45% at t20, is it even worth applying to GULC EA?

Post by juliuscasear90 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Yep definitely worth it. They are a diploma mill i.e. concerned strictly with revenue. Strict criteria for trasferring within T20? Not so much. Transfers = big time $$$. That's why they accept about 100/year.

Throw out an app and see what happens.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I understand that I didn't do amazingly in the fall and I'll work to boost grades next semester, but would you guys think that it is worth applying from a top20 school?
With what endgame in mind? Is transferring to GULC as approximately median at a T20 realistically going to get you any better outcomes? Is it the Preftige of GULC? Is it the giving up of money (assuming you're getting any) in order to pay full fare? Is it the opportunity to live in DC?
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:08 pm

BVest wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I understand that I didn't do amazingly in the fall and I'll work to boost grades next semester, but would you guys think that it is worth applying from a top20 school?
With what endgame in mind? Is transferring to GULC as approximately median at a T20 realistically going to get you any better outcomes? Is it the Preftige of GULC? Is it the giving up of money (assuming you're getting any) in order to pay full fare? Is it the opportunity to live in DC?
thanks for your response. it is the chance to go to a school in the east coast. i have lived in the east coast for my whole life until i moved out west for law school. dc location is important because of family (who lives half an hour from gulc), fiance (who lives an hour from dc), and the network of people that i know in general.

i only get 10k/yr from my current school so it won't be much different in terms of $.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Apply and attend, though you might not get in with EA--you have a better shot at RD

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”