WashU to T14 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bluedolphin

New

Re: WashU to T14

Post by bluedolphin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:28 am

barkschool wrote:
sox49 wrote: Thanks, I wasn't considering that the class of 2017 had an unusual amount of transfers.

Is it easier to transfer for up from washu than for similarly ranked schools like gwu or nd? Or is it just that a lot of folks go there with the intent of moving up?
It probably isn't easier or harder to transfer from any of the WUSTL similar schools. I assume future living/ working scenarios have much more to do with it.

A top GWU student may not gain much at OCI by driving down the street and will still reside in DC.

However, a WUSTL student has to remain in St. Louis.

While a UT student most likely wants to remain in Texas, so they might not transfer at all.

ND — no idea.

Emory — maybe they love Atlanta.

Also, to counter pourmetea, I doubt people who strike our will be verbal about it

Wustl transfers have a leg up at most schools Oci, even versus native students, assuming they are at median at wustl since our grades are so inflated.

Say a median person at WUSTL with a 3.55 vs a median person at GT with a 3.3. The GT person performed the same on a tougher curve, yet the WUSTL student probably looks a little more impressive. Firms will assume they are more likely to graduate with honors since they look like they did better. Unless firms bunch wustl students in with one's that didn't transfer, WUSTL students will receive abnormal benefits from transferring that other school students may not get.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post by PourMeTea » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:00 pm

barkschool wrote:
Also, to counter pourmetea, I doubt people who strike our will be verbal about it
it's kind of hard to hide. i mean, people see you going to OCI screeners. you can always say you decided to go PI, i guess.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post by PourMeTea » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:01 pm

bluedolphin wrote: Wustl transfers have a leg up at most schools Oci, even versus native students, assuming they are at median at wustl since our grades are so inflated.

Say a median person at WUSTL with a 3.55 vs a median person at GT with a 3.3. The GT person performed the same on a tougher curve, yet the WUSTL student probably looks a little more impressive. Firms will assume they are more likely to graduate with honors since they look like they did better. Unless firms bunch wustl students in with one's that didn't transfer, WUSTL students will receive abnormal benefits from transferring that other school students may not get.
i subscribe to this theory.

sox49

Bronze

Post by sox49 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:08 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
bluedolphin wrote: Wustl transfers have a leg up at most schools Oci, even versus native students, assuming they are at median at wustl since our grades are so inflated.

Do you think this affects the likelyhood of being accepted as a transfer , or is that simply a function of class rank and school rank ?

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post by PourMeTea » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:09 pm

sox49 wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:

Do you think this affects the likelyhood of being accepted as a transfer , or is that simply a function of class rank and school rank ?
the latter

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:26 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
Nebby wrote: UVA and Stanford are black boxes and I think an app is wasted there
Cornell is also a wasted app. I literally never heard back from them.
Lol I'm thinking about appyling to cornell; what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”