GULC Class Selection Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

GULC Class Selection

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:58 pm

I'm doing the pre-registration for fall and spring classes, and fundamental courses, i.e. Corporations, Evidence, Con. Law II, etc. aren't requirements but I still feel like I should take them b/c they're on the bar and idk I just feel like I should take them, or some. Is it a good idea to take some of these fundamental courses even though they aren't requirements? I am steering my curriculum towards the real estate, land use and urban development cluster but I don't want to take only and/or all of those type of classes during 2L and end up taking some of these fundamental courses 3L to fill credits. I'm definitely going to try to satisfy my professional responsibility requirement in the fall & the upper-level writing requirement in the spring b/c (hopefully) I'll be too busy with call-backs & adjusting to life in a new city during the fall to concentrate on writing a paper. Is this a good strategy? Does anyone have any insight or recommendations of courses I should take? I appreciate any and all feedback :D

EzraFitz

Silver

Re: GULC Class Selection

Post by EzraFitz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm doing the pre-registration for fall and spring classes, and fundamental courses, i.e. Corporations, Evidence, Con. Law II, etc. aren't requirements but I still feel like I should take them b/c they're on the bar and idk I just feel like I should take them, or some. Is it a good idea to take some of these fundamental courses even though they aren't requirements? I am steering my curriculum towards the real estate, land use and urban development cluster but I don't want to take only and/or all of those type of classes during 2L and end up taking some of these fundamental courses 3L to fill credits. I'm definitely going to try to satisfy my professional responsibility requirement in the fall & the upper-level writing requirement in the spring b/c (hopefully) I'll be too busy with call-backs & adjusting to life in a new city during the fall to concentrate on writing a paper. Is this a good strategy? Does anyone have any insight or recommendations of courses I should take? I appreciate any and all feedback :D
I think something important to keep in mind is what courses may be prerequisites for other courses. Take a look at the curriculum guide at some of the real estate focused courses, and determine what the prereqs are. The same goes for any potential seminars you might want to take. My advice would be to definitely take Evidence and Con Law II this year, if nothing else for the fundamentals. Also, if you should decide to look towards judges, those courses will be extremely useful. In terms of Corporations, everything I've heard says it's a good fundamental, but if nothing you want to do points that way, and it is not a prereq for whatever you want to take later on, save it for 3L (if you take it at all). (Disclaimer: Rising 2L, so anyone feel free to correct my advice). Hope some of this helps.

chuckbass

Platinum

Re: GULC Class Selection

Post by chuckbass » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Also people take classes like Evidence b/c they're on the bar so that's something to consider (maybe not evidence idk but some big standard classes)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”