OCI at EA School Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI at EA School

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:05 am

Looking for some advice. I was accepted EA to a school and the OCI bidding process is starting in the next couple of weeks. I am still waiting to hear back from some other schools that I may end up choosing over this EA school however I have already paid the necessary deposits and received the OCI information. Wondering if anyone can help me answer: 1) Can I go through the bidding process at the EA school even though I might still not attend? 2) What happens if my bids lock and then I decide to go to another, higher ranked school?

This might not be as big of a deal as I imagine, but my fear is that this will somehow negatively impact my ability to be hired at these firms from the school I ultimately choose... any truth to that?

Thank you!!

Nebby

Diamond

Re: OCI at EA School

Post by Nebby » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wondering if anyone can help me answer: 1) Can I go through the bidding process at the EA school even though I might still not attend? 2) What happens if my bids lock and then I decide to go to another, higher ranked school?
I was EA'd at GULC last year.

1) Yes. I did the process.
2) Nothing happens. You just email admissions and tell them that you've accepted an offer elsewhere. Tell them that you had bids for OCI, and that career services can feel free to remove you from the system. That's what I did, and there was no issue. (They never even responded to my email)

transferihope

New

Post by transferihope » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:39 am

Nebby wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wondering if anyone can help me answer: 1) Can I go through the bidding process at the EA school even though I might still not attend? 2) What happens if my bids lock and then I decide to go to another, higher ranked school?

2) Nothing happens. You just email admissions and tell them that you've accepted an offer elsewhere. Tell them that you had bids for OCI, and that career services can feel free to remove you from the system. That's what I did, and there was no issue. (They never even responded to my email)
I am in a similar possission. Nebby, did you meet with career services, send in your resume to review, etc?

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:23 pm

transferihope wrote:
Nebby wrote:

I am in a similar possission. Nebby, did you meet with career services, send in your resume to review, etc?
Yeah, I did meet with GULC career services to discuss bidding an resume review.

transferihope

New

Post by transferihope » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm

On that note, has anyone else been having trouble putting together a bid list? I have literally know idea how to translate my GPA to the gpa medians for firms that GULC gives us.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:30 pm

transferihope wrote:On that note, has anyone else been having trouble putting together a bid list? I have literally know idea how to translate my GPA to the gpa medians for firms that GULC gives us.
What are your stats?

transferihope

New

Post by transferihope » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:18 pm

I'm top 2% at a T1 school. I PM'd with more details.

transferihope

New

Post by transferihope » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on how my class rank might translate to a GULC GPA? I have a counseling meeting scheduled but it isn't for several days, and I feel like I need to start compiling a bid list now.

atltls

New

Post by atltls » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 pm

I am also wondering how my gpa from my old school will translate for EIW purposes at GULC.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”