low ranked schools purposely holding grades Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

low ranked schools purposely holding grades

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:36 pm

No advice needed here just looking for opinions and other experiences from students at lower ranked schools that have had to deal with the school taking forever to release grades. I have heard from others and strongly believe myself that they do this purposely to make it harder for students to transfer given that 99% are rolling admissions. Even more so, at my school, they'll release the grades then take another month to release class rank and what not. I mean are they just excel illiterate or is there a purpose behind this? I am wondering if anyone else's school does this because it is incredibly frustrating.

Traynor Brah

Silver

Re: low ranked schools purposely holding grades

Post by Traynor Brah » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:40 pm

I mean, people at good schools are still weeks away from having grades released.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:41 pm

Most likely your grades are intentionally withheld in order to hinder the loss of revenue which occurs when a student transfers.

If you reveal the name of your current law school, you should receive more detailed & experienced responses.

swampman

Bronze

Post by swampman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Traynor Brah wrote:I mean, people at good schools are still weeks away from having grades released.
This. I have no doubt those schools are looking for every opportunity to screw you over. But incompetence / profs not giving a shit probably gets the job done here.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:16 pm

OP: There are a few prior threads that address this issue. Your law school may be one of those discussed in the prior threads. For example, Appalachian was discussed at length.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:42 pm

swampman wrote:
Traynor Brah wrote:I mean, people at good schools are still weeks away from having grades released.
This. I have no doubt those schools are looking for every opportunity to screw you over. But incompetence / profs not giving a shit probably gets the job done here.
Odd thing is that at my law school, the grades are out. They've been out for like 10-14 days now. But the class rank won't be available for another 2-4 weeks. Why does it take 4-6 weeks to get that done? I could do it in a week or less for the entire law school with excel.

hasangsu

New

Post by hasangsu » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:38 pm

This seems to be the same situation for many of my friends at a TTTT law school in Atlanta. They got their grades back since a week but they won't update the class rank for many more weeks. Just seems like a plan to hold them back from transferring out since most schools are on rolling admissions and there won't be many seats left for their outbound-students to take.

riku33090

Bronze

Post by riku33090 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:53 pm

I am currently at a T2 NY area, not a issue for us, the Registrar lady even reminded me that I need to attached an extra form to send transcript to LSAC.

BigDog17

New

Post by BigDog17 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:48 am

I don't think it matters if you have your "official" class rank when applying for transfer. My school attached an "approximate" class rank, which is essentially a guess from last years class rank. I asked the schools I applied to for transfer if that was sufficient and they responded that it was likely not a problem since the rank will not drastically deviate from my school's guess.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:51 am

The low ranked law schools that try to prevent losing current students via transfer also delay sending out transcripts.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”