GPA vs. Percentiles? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

GPA vs. Percentiles?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:48 pm

A lot of the predictions on here for admissions outcomes are based on class position (e.g. if T14, you need to be top 10%, T50 you need to be top 5%, etc.). But my T30 school has really low GPA thresholds for being top 5%, top 10%, etc. For example, our top 5% usually begins around a 3.7, top 10% in the 3.6 range, top 15-20% in the 3.5 range. These GPA numbers are pretty low compared to what I'm seeing for the accepted transfer medians at T6, and even lower T14 schools. I'm probably going to be top 5-10% in my class...but will that matter to say, HYS, where the medians are in the 3.8-3.9 range, if my GPA is like a 3.67? Or do schools understand that GPAs vary, and percentiles are consistent?

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:23 pm

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”