TTTT Full ride 1% to T14 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

TTTT Full ride 1% to T14

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Hey folks...looking for advice/thoughts. Ranked #1 at a TTTT (with a full ride). There are a few T14s in the region. I'm planning a PI career. What are the chances of transferring to a T14 (not GULC)? If possible, should I consider it given career path/debt considerations?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkfromWI

Bronze

Re: TTTT Full ride 1% to T14

Post by MarkfromWI » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 pm

If you can keep up that rank, or at least perhaps the top 1-3 students, I'd bet you'd have a chance at some of the lower T-14, especially the two nearby ones (assuming they're not HY or BS). Higher ranked schools tend to like cherry picking the top few students from lower ranked locals (See, e.g. UMinn and HU/UST/WM; UW-Madison and Marquette, etc.). Considering that you're at a TTTT, I have a hard time saying you should stay even with the full ride. Even ranked #1, the job outlook from a school like that would still keep me up at night. When paired with PAYE, PSLF, and the outstanding LRAPs at many T-14's, to me the jump would be worth it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”