Top ~15% from USC/V/UT/UCLA to Chicago ED Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
n1o2c3a4c5h6e7t

Bronze

Top ~15% from USC/V/UT/UCLA to Chicago ED

Post by n1o2c3a4c5h6e7t » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:08 pm

I ended up slightly outside the top 10%, but notably higher than top 25% from USC/V/UT/UCLA. I would love a prestigious public interest or government job, such as anything federal, PDS, Bronx Defenders, or anything international. I would also be content with biglaw in any market. Federal clerkships are not on my radar as of now. What are my chances at Chicago ED? How do Chicago transfers fare at OCI?

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Top ~15% from USC/V/UT/UCLA to Chicago ED

Post by Nebby » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:20 pm

n1o2c3a4c5h6e7t wrote:I ended up slightly outside the top 10%, but notably higher than top 25% from USC/V/UT/UCLA. I would love a prestigious public interest or government job, such as anything federal, PDS, Bronx Defenders, or anything international. I would also be content with biglaw in any market. Federal clerkships are not on my radar as of now. What are my chances at Chicago ED? How do Chicago transfers fare at OCI?
General rule of thumb: If you're T20 and top-15%, then you have a great chance at CCN. With guaranteed tuition money from you EDing, then you would be a lock.

However, if you believe you can replicate your performance and maintain top-15%, then I recommend not applying ED and instead applying regular cycle. Apply to CCN and Penn.

If you can crack the top-10% after this semester, then definitely apply to HLS as well. Top 10% at T20 are HLS stats.

My experience:
I made the mistake of doing Early-Action at GULC, ended up replicating, getting into CCN, and basically threw away $1200 in deposits at GULC. Don't make my mistake.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”