Spring transfer thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Spring transfer thread

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Hey all. Never posted on here before but need some advice. I'm a part time 2L at a 4th tier law school In the southeast. I finished my 1L year ranked in the top 30 percent, and applied to transfer at a range of schools in the tier 1,2, and 3 and was rejected by every single one of them. My gpa and lsat were low, but I have done pretty well in law school. I'm planning to apply again to some schools for the summer and fall semester because I really do not want to be in the school I am at anymore and do not mind giving up credits to do so. Finances are not an issue at all. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Spring transfer thread

Post by Nebby » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:22 pm

How many credits do you have? They'll only accept you if you have less than 33 credits.

Mark86

New

Post by Mark86 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:48 am

I have 40 credits but wouldn't mind giving them up.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:38 am

CounselorNebby wrote:How many credits do you have? They'll only accept you if you have less than 33 credits.
At some schools maybe. Most will simply limit the number of credits you can bring with you, as OP has acknowledged he knows.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:06 am

BVest wrote:
CounselorNebby wrote:How many credits do you have? They'll only accept you if you have less than 33 credits.
At some schools maybe. Most will simply limit the number of credits you can bring with you, as OP has acknowledged he knows.
Did not know that. Do you have an example?

OP, is your class rank the same as your last application cycle?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mark86

New

Post by Mark86 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:40 am

My class rank puts me in the top 20 percent range now.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:22 pm

I think you should be able to transfer into a T2.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:41 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
BVest wrote:
Did not know that. Do you have an example?

OP, is your class rank the same as your last application cycle?
There are many examples. This is not to say you can transfer after your 2L and just do 2L all over again. Try searching this forum for part-time transfers as it's often the part-timers who have something different than exactly one year's worth.

If you need something concrete, see Cal:
A maximum of 32 units completed elsewhere will be accepted toward a Berkeley J.D. degree, although students who have completed more units may apply.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Thank you bb.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”