GULC Transfer Housing in DC? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
justgottabezen

New

GULC Transfer Housing in DC?

Post by justgottabezen » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:16 pm

I'm looking at housing in DC but I have no idea what neighborhoods are decent. Any advice on the best areas to look for housing?

derfs

New

Re: GULC Transfer Housing in DC?

Post by derfs » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:04 am

What's your budget?

justgottabezen

New

Post by justgottabezen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:32 pm

derfs wrote:What's your budget?
I'm on a month the month now paying $1275 including parking. I take public trans to school though and end up paying about $200 a month on that. The crappy thing is that I'm taking a train and a bus, which is super time consuming and inconvenient.

txig

Bronze

Post by txig » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:20 pm

justgottabezen wrote:
I'm on a month the month now paying $1275 including parking. I take public trans to school though and end up paying about $200 a month on that. The crappy thing is that I'm taking a train and a bus, which is super time consuming and inconvenient.
Any interest in living in VA...like Ballston/VA Square

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Silver Spring. MD, but metro to union station & very inexpensive.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:09 pm

justgottabezen wrote:
Honestly, you could live somewhere pretty close to GULC and within a few blocks from a metro station for around $1475 /month. The buses in DC are terrible.
flawschoolkid wrote:Silver Spring. MD, but metro to union station & very inexpensive.
+1. There's also a MARC station in silver spring.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”