UT Waiting Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

UT status

Poll ended at Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:21 am

Waiting for word
50%
Admitted but not going, haven't withdrawn
No votes
Admitted but not going, I have withdrawn
No votes
Not admitted, denied admission
50%

Total votes: 2

Anonymous User

UT Waiting

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:21 am

Anyone else waiting for word from UT?

They scheduled a skype interview with me next week. I asked when they thought they'd know and the lady on the phone said next week some time maybe.

Just curious to see how many are still waiting.

T2 ... Top 25%

mustanglaw

New

Re: UT Waiting

Post by mustanglaw » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else waiting for word from UT?

They scheduled a skype interview with me next week. I asked when they thought they'd know and the lady on the phone said next week some time maybe.

T2 ... Top 25%
I'm admitted and going, but from my own experiences and everyone I've spoken with that's been through the transfer process they usually come to a decision within 24-48 hours of the skype interview. I received my acceptance via email roughly 24 hours after my interview. Also, for a large number of students (myself included) the deadline to submit a letter of intent is August 1st. After that point they will have a better idea of where they stand numbers wise and it will allow them to make a decision for people in your situation. Hope this helps.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:48 am

mustanglaw wrote:

T2 ... Top 25%
I'm admitted and going, but from my own experiences and everyone I've spoken with that's been through the transfer process they usually come to a decision within 24-48 hours of the skype interview. I received my acceptance via email roughly 24 hours after my interview. Also, for a large number of students (myself included) the deadline to submit a letter of intent is August 1st. After that point they will have a better idea of where they stand numbers wise and it will allow them to make a decision for people in your situation. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response, it does absolutely help.

I just wonder what the statistics are like of people interviewed but not admitted. I am not sure whether the interview is an indication that you are still in the running or not. I am really just trying to calm my nerves. lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:04 am

mustanglaw wrote:

T2 ... Top 25%

Also, do you recall exactly what they asked you about during your interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 pm

mustanglaw wrote:

T2 ... Top 25%

Had the interview today. It is now a waiting game.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mustanglaw

New

Post by mustanglaw » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm

If you haven't already had it, they just ask generic questions about why you're interested in UT, what your career aspirations are, what you're doing for the summer, etc. More importantly, be prepared to have some good questions for them because I'd say the majority of the time is for you to do so.

Also, I think if you have an interview you're still in the running. Why waste your time or theirs? Finally, I do know someone who did the Skype interview and got rejected, so it can happen.

Good luck.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:11 pm

mustanglaw wrote:If you haven't already had it, they just ask generic questions about why you're interested in UT, what your career aspirations are, what you're doing for the summer, etc. More importantly, be prepared to have some good questions for them because I'd say the majority of the time is for you to do so.

Also, I think if you have an interview you're still in the running. Why waste your time or theirs? Finally, I do know someone who did the Skype interview and got rejected, so it can happen.

Good luck.

Thanks, interviewed this afternoon. Skype quit after a few minutes; that was stressful. My interviewer said they'd have a decision in at least 48 hours. Thanks for the input.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
mustanglaw wrote:If you haven't already had it, they just ask generic questions about why you're interested in UT, what your career aspirations are, what you're doing for the summer, etc. More importantly, be prepared to have some good questions for them because I'd say the majority of the time is for you to do so.

Good luck.

Thanks, interviewed this afternoon. Skype quit after a few minutes; that was stressful. My interviewer said they'd have a decision in at least 48 hours. Thanks for the input.

Admitted today! I will be attending! Thanks again for your input!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”