Anybody left still waiting for a decision? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anybody left still waiting for a decision?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:34 pm

I am st ill awaiting a decision from a very transfer friendly tier one I applied to (I'm top 10-15 percent at a T4). I have been complete over a month with no movement although many others have been accepted rather quickly and their application deadline as well as the date they promised me a decision by has long since passed. I did call but they simply said they haven't gotten to my application yet. Anybody else in the same boat? Should I give up hope at this point? I assume they review applications in order of strength, so this doesn't look good for me IMO. Anybody have any insight to offer?

S. Goodman

Bronze

Re: Anybody left still waiting for a decision?

Post by S. Goodman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am st ill awaiting a decision from a very transfer friendly tier one I applied to (I'm top 10-15 percent at a T4). I have been complete over a month with no movement although many others have been accepted rather quickly and their application deadline as well as the date they promised me a decision by has long since passed. I did call but they simply said they haven't gotten to my application yet. Anybody else in the same boat? Should I give up hope at this point? I assume they review applications in order of strength, so this doesn't look good for me IMO. Anybody have any insight to offer?

I'm still waiting for word back from the four I applied to. But, I applied super late, like a week and half ago. But nevertheless I am still waiting. WUSTL, Texas, Emory, and UBama.

I'm top 25% at a T2.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Apparently the school I applied to will be granting more acceptances next week, so I'm still in the game. Any idea when you will hear back? Wish you the very best of luck!

ivankinghk

New

Post by ivankinghk » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Im still waiting for WUSTL, its been a month since my interview. I just sent a LOCI two days ago, hopefully decision will come out before august.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:36 pm

ivankinghk wrote:Im still waiting for WUSTL, its been a month since my interview. I just sent a LOCI two days ago, hopefully decision will come out before august.
Uggg! I feel your pain! Have you given them a call? I have found that the admissions office is really accommodating with updates at the school I applied to. You were the person who applied to FSU also, right? Did you decide not to go there?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ivankinghk

New

Post by ivankinghk » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ivankinghk wrote:Im still waiting for WUSTL, its been a month since my interview. I just sent a LOCI two days ago, hopefully decision will come out before august.
Uggg! I feel your pain! Have you given them a call? I have found that the admissions office is really accommodating with updates at the school I applied to. You were the person who applied to FSU also, right? Did you decide not to go there?
Yea i called a few times, but they said its in the process. I dont wanna annoy them too much. Did you get accepted to FSU? most likely not, WUSTL is my 1st choice.

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Apparently the school I applied to will be granting more acceptances next week, so I'm still in the game. Any idea when you will hear back? Wish you the very best of luck!

I got accepted by Bama today. No indication from the others as to when they will get back to me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:22 pm

S. Goodman wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Apparently the school I applied to will be granting more acceptances next week, so I'm still in the game. Any idea when you will hear back? Wish you the very best of luck!

I got accepted by Bama today. No indication from the others as to when they will get back to me.
OMG!!! Congrats!! I'm really happy for you! Was that your first choice? When is your seat deposit due?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:27 pm

ivankinghk wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yea i called a few times, but they said its in the process. I dont wanna annoy them too much. Did you get accepted to FSU? most likely not, WUSTL is my 1st choice.
I applied to FSU, but haven't heard back yet. When is the seat deposit due? Do you mind if I ask your stats?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
S. Goodman wrote:

OMG!!! Congrats!! I'm really happy for you! Was that your first choice? When is your seat deposit due?

Thank you! I got an email admission, I have yet to receive the official admission info in the mail. I am not exactly sure when the deposit is due, but I am sure it is soon.

I am holding on to hear form the other three before I decide though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:10 pm

S. Goodman wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
S. Goodman wrote:

Thank you! I got an email admission, I have yet to receive the official admission info in the mail. I am not exactly sure when the deposit is due, but I am sure it is soon.

I am holding on to hear form the other three before I decide though.

That's very exciting. I have only completed one semster of law school and although the school I applied to accepts students after one semester , I'm unsure how they will view my rank relative to those who are applying after a full year. Here's to hoping I get in!

ivankinghk

New

Post by ivankinghk » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ivankinghk wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I applied to FSU, but haven't heard back yet. When is the seat deposit due? Do you mind if I ask your stats?
deposit was due in June for me, i got in early. TTTT 3.57

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Got into WUSTL today. Still waiting on one more decision! UT!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ivankinghk

New

Post by ivankinghk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:46 pm

S. Goodman wrote:Got into WUSTL today. Still waiting on one more decision! UT!
congrat man. When did you apply? do you mind sharing your stat?

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 pm

ivankinghk wrote:

I applied super late, about a week and a half ago. I did it on a whim, I really didn't think I had a shot at all.

Top 25% at a low T2.

ivankinghk

New

Post by ivankinghk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:01 pm

S. Goodman wrote:
ivankinghk wrote:

I applied super late, about a week and a half ago. I did it on a whim, I really didn't think I had a shot at all.

Top 25% at a low T2.
Its been a monthhh for me, hope they wont ding for this long

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:41 pm

WHOOP WHOOP!!!! Congrats!!! So happy for you! I'm still waiting. I'm told next week may be the week I get a decision. May the odds be in my favor

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:42 pm

ivankinghk wrote:
S. Goodman wrote:
ivankinghk wrote:

Top 25% at a low T2.
Its been a monthhh for me, hope they wont ding for this long

I've been complete for five weeks with no movement. I feel your pain. Here's to hoping we both get accepted very soon:)

ivankinghk

New

Post by ivankinghk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:52 pm

I've been complete for five weeks with no movement. I feel your pain. Here's to hoping we both get accepted very soon:)[/quote]

Did u do an interview ?

Nep11

New

Post by Nep11 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 am

Still waiting, too - top 33% at a Top 50 school (was top 20% last semester), but like S. Goodman, I applied late since I didn't think I had a serious shot until I got my final grade.

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:59 am

Nep11 wrote:Still waiting, too - top 33% at a Top 50 school (was top 20% last semester), but like S. Goodman, I applied late since I didn't think I had a serious shot until I got my final grade.

Are we all talking about WUSTL?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ivankinghk

New

Post by ivankinghk » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:31 pm

i expect decision to come out this week.

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:18 pm

ivankinghk wrote:i expect decision to come out this week.

I am almost positive I am going to withdraw from WUSTL, they gave me a scholarship as well; 20k guaranteed over the next two years. When I decide for sure I'll pass that info along.

I'm still waiting on word from Texas before I decide.

heavoldgotjuice

Bronze

Post by heavoldgotjuice » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Waiting for my expedited ding from Columbia

ivankinghk

New

Post by ivankinghk » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Do you guys think WUSTL will ding me? its been a month and a week more since my interview. I know ppl get accepted within 48 hrs.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”