UW or USC? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

UW or USC?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Just finished my first year at a tier 2 school in Los Angeles and was top 25%. Recently got accepted to USC and University of Washington. Still waiting on UCLA. UW says I can still do OCI's and USC says you can only do lottery and phase II for their OCI's. I would get in-state at UW, so it's significantly cheaper than USC. Fairly certain I want to be in Seattle for long term, but unsure if I'm ready to move back now. I'm unsure of what factors I should take into account (bar passage, median salaries, etc.) and need some advice about which school I should transfer to. Thank you!

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Re: UW or USC?

Post by WokeUpInACar » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:42 pm

UW seems like a no-brainer here. It's a lot cheaper, you want to be in Seattle for the long term, and you can actually do OCI there. You don't get the luxury of just going back to Seattle whenever you want unless you have pretty awesome credentials, so you pretty much have to choose now.

Jchance

Silver

Post by Jchance » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:29 pm

UW is an easy win.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:47 pm

Thank you!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”