Worth it to Transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Worth it to Transfer?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 pm

I am top 1-2% at my current school which is a regional school in the top 30. I am considering transferring to Berkeley but am not sure it will be worth paying sticker. I currently have a pretty good scholarship at my school and am not sure my Big law chances will increase substantially enough to justify transferring to Berkeley.

Thoughts?

FSK

Platinum

Re: Worth it to Transfer?

Post by FSK » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm fine practicing where my school is located or where I grew up, California. Big law, not sure on any specific field at this point. My top 30 is in a secondary market. I would say more, but it would probably out me.

transfer57

New

Post by transfer57 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:26 pm

I'd probably transfer - think about it 10 years down the road, if you're still doing the law crap. Clients will like the bigger named school.

transfer57

New

Post by transfer57 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:30 pm

I've heard great things about UC Davis though, maybe you should just stay.

;)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Legal_Octopus

New

Post by Legal_Octopus » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:08 am

Currently wrestling with this exact question.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:47 pm

transfer57 wrote:I've heard great things about UC Davis though, maybe you should just stay.

;)
Haha, nice try, but not UC Davis. And I'm glad someone else is wrestling with this as well.

As for 10 years down the road, I doubt clients will care that much where I went to school considering I'll have ample work experience by then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”