EMERGENCY NEED TRANSFER ADVICE!! Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Likelihood of transferring in to HYS

You're special. 100% going to happen
80%
You're not special, but you aced AP government, so 80% likely
No votes
You're not aiming high enough. Why not apply to Oxford?
20%

Total votes: 5

Toba561

New

EMERGENCY NEED TRANSFER ADVICE!!

Post by Toba561 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello all! I'm in the tenth grade and I plan on attending law school after I graduate college. That said, I already know my LSAT score is going to be pretty crumby (I'm a poor testaker), so I plan on going to a tier four and then transferring. My family says I am special and will for sure be top of my class in law school (I got an "A" in AP government!!) . What GPA/rank will I need to transfer to HYS? How about a T20 other than the holy trinity? Are some tier fours looked fonder upon by admissions committees than others? Thank you for your replies!

lhanvt13

Gold

Re: EMERGENCY NEED TRANSFER ADVICE!!

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:23 pm

At least try to be funny

Toba561

New

Post by Toba561 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:24 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:At least try to be funny

Funny,? I don't understand

heavoldgotjuice

Bronze

Post by heavoldgotjuice » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Your best bet is to go to Cooley in Michigan, or Ave Maria in Naples. Try to work at Legal Aid. You will get much success in life, keeping working poorly! U got it

Toba561

New

Post by Toba561 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:35 pm

heavoldgotjuice wrote:Your best bet is to go to Cooley in Michigan, or Ave Maria in Naples. Try to work at Legal Aid. You will get much success in life, keeping working poorly! U got it
Thank you for taking my solicitation of advice seriously. I know a person who knows a person who's cousin was able to transfer from Cooley to a T1 and now he works for a big NY firm making 200k a year. It sounds very promising!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:37 pm

heavoldgotjuice wrote:Your best bet is to go to Cooley in Michigan, or Ave Maria in Naples. Try to work at Legal Aid. You will get much success in life, keeping working poorly! U got it
This is the wrong advice. I heard TFA is where the preftige is at. Then you go to Georgetown, because it's TTT, then transfer to the #2 school in the nation: Cooley. Cooley Michigan just opened up a bunch of spots for their 1L class and it seems like they'll be opening up more spots in the coming years. Definitely try to snag one of those coveted spots.

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thank you for taking my solicitation of advice seriously. I know a person who knows a person who's cousin was able to transfer from Cooley to a T1 and now he works for a big NY firm making 200k a year. It sounds very promising!
TITCR.

1. Go to Cooley with full scholarship.
2. Get big law job in NYC
3. ???
4. Profit

heavoldgotjuice

Bronze

Post by heavoldgotjuice » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:46 pm

I retract my advice.

I'd recommend going to Florida Coastal in Jacksonville in order to obtain the prestige, go go go OP

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Transfers”