rushed LSAC transcript processing Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

rushed LSAC transcript processing

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:05 am

I'm trying to be patient with LSAC but my law school transcript was sent out over a week ago and that status online says it has yet to be received. I'm desperately trying to make a 6/30 deadline and was wondering if anyone had any luck/experience somehow getting LSAC to process their transcript on a rushed basis? I had my updated undergraduate transcript sent and within a day or so it was received and processed..

zoomzoom88

Silver

Re: rushed LSAC transcript processing

Post by zoomzoom88 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:12 am

why do you need lsac for your law school transcript? Have your law school send it directly.

mandimeoutof10

Bronze

Post by mandimeoutof10 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:35 am

I am currently in the same boat. My school sent mine last Wednesday and still nothing. Like the above poster mentioned, sending it directly to the school is a good option. I did that with my two most important options but I'm going to send the rest through LSAC (to avoid the excess fees my school charges to send out transcripts and make it easier).

npm858

New

Post by npm858 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 am

if your current school's registrar has this option, you can request that the school email your official transcript to the school that you're applying to. i had my school email my transcript to both UCLA and berkeley... and my applications at both schools became complete and went under review within two hours.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:52 pm

thanks. I'm also confused about the copy of the CAS report. The schools I'm applying to say that I can have my law school registrar send a copy to them. Does that avoid the 28 report fee charged through LSAC?

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:thanks. I'm also confused about the copy of the CAS report. The schools I'm applying to say that I can have my law school registrar send a copy to them. Does that avoid the 28 report fee charged through LSAC?
I'm pretty sure that you still have to go through CAS for the LORs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”