Transfer Chances Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RollTide45

New

Transfer Chances

Post by RollTide45 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:49 pm

Last edited by RollTide45 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RollTide45

New

Re: Transfer Chances

Post by RollTide45 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Nobody even coming through with an "LOL @ Sticker" comment? I'm feeling neglected

paayter

Bronze

Post by paayter » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:36 am

just apply, but isnt the reason why you chose a tier 2 was so that you would minimize debt? arent you in sort of a good position of minimal debt, and a chance at biglaw/clerkship? so u want to xfer schools to end up in the same position but with more debt..

RollTide45

New

Post by RollTide45 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:46 am

paayter wrote:just apply, but isnt the reason why you chose a tier 2 was so that you would minimize debt? arent you in sort of a good position of minimal debt, and a chance at biglaw/clerkship? so u want to xfer schools to end up in the same position but with more debt..
The T2 move was a financial and strategic brainchild at the time. My concerns last year were that I might hate law school and that I might do poorly. The idea, then, was that if I did poorly there was no financial risk (apart from the opportunity cost of an entry level job somewhere). New York recruiting from my school really does not happen much so that is playing a big factor as well.

Also, I think that the financial risk is different for paying 2 years of sticker at CCN, as opposed to 3 years of sticker at Cornell/Georgetown (at least that is the sentiment I get from TLS).

heavoldgotjuice

Bronze

Post by heavoldgotjuice » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:57 am

No need to justify your move. If you want NYC, then apply to Columbia and NYU... might even throw an app at Northwestern or Chicago.

If you have anything that sets you aside from others similarly situated, then yes, apply to YHS... might be a waste of ~$350, but it also might be an acceptance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:36 am

Apply to T14, see where you get in. You are a good candidate to transfer since you want NYC/biglaw and you probably won't get it from your current school.

RollTide45

New

Post by RollTide45 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:52 pm

Nothing really that would set me apart from candidates (no published books, no saving baby sea otters, no curing cancer, etc). The most interesting thing I have going on is my summer employment, which is not the typical RA or judicial internship, but also not earth shattering either. Just a standard K-JD. HYS out of reach in that case?

juzam_djinn

Bronze

Post by juzam_djinn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:14 pm

probably not worth applying to YS (if you have $$$ to throw around though, why not); H is a non-negligible possibility just b/c of its larger class size, might be worth throwing an app there

RollTide45

New

Post by RollTide45 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:16 pm

I'll probably mix in H because it's not totally out of the question. And maybe YS. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for admission via some sort of clerical error in the admissions office.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”