LORs Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
anacharsis

New

LORs

Post by anacharsis » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:36 am

Do I have LORs sent to LSAC or to the schools?

Similarly, when a school asks for transcripts from all institutions attended, are they referring to CAS?

Finally, do I need to have my law school grades included in the LSAC CAS report?

Thank you. Sorry if this is not the right place for these questions.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: LORs

Post by Nebby » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:50 am

anacharsis wrote:Do I have LORs sent to LSAC or to the schools?

Similarly, when a school asks for transcripts from all institutions attended, are they referring to CAS?

Finally, do I need to have my law school grades included in the LSAC CAS report?

Thank you. Sorry if this is not the right place for these questions.
1. Have them uploaded electronically to LSAC. It’s quick and easy and universal.

2. The school will specify. If they don’t, then they will want your 1L transcript and your undergraduate transcript. If you transferred in undergrad, they’ll only want the final degree conferred transcript (the school you graduated from).

3. The school will specify. Usually it’s best to have the transcripts sent from your 1L school directly to the admissions office of the school you’re applying to, because there is usually a small window between when final grades are in and the application is due. The only schools that require grades be included on LSAC CAS report are when you’re applying to schools via early decision/early application, which you aren’t.

anacharsis

New

Re: LORs

Post by anacharsis » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:53 am

Thank you very much, anime cat.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”