Chances at Transferring to Texas Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chances at Transferring to Texas

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:38 am

Currently top 15% at a Top 40s school w/ a 2/3 scholly. Lots of ties to Texas, looking to try to work there after law school. (Not a URM if that matters at all).

Is this even a possibility for me, or should I not waste my time?

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Chances at Transferring to Texas

Post by Nebby » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:09 pm

You'll probably get it, but is adding the extra debt worth it? You won't get a scholarsip at TX as a transfer, unless you're a Texas resident and the COA would equal your current 2/3 scholarship.

nointerests

New

Post by nointerests » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:02 am

Thanks for the reply! I am a TX resident, but COA at UT would be approx. 30-40k more in total tuition wise than what I am paying atm, and I currently don't have any debt whatsoever (but will likely have to take out loans if I do decide to transfer due to no scholly).

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:29 am

Then apply!

heavoldgotjuice

Bronze

Post by heavoldgotjuice » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:52 am

Hello,

I am in the process of submitting my application to UTexas as a transfer too.

How do I send an "official copy of your LSAC Law School Report from your current law school"?

UT does not accept transfer applications through the LSAC website, so I am not sure how to attach a LSAC Law School Report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:47 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”