Transfer - TTTT to T-14 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Chances of getting into these schools?

1.) Absolutely
18%
2.) High
18%
3.) Moderate
24%
4.) Low
35%
5.) Impossible
6%

Total votes: 17

Anonymous User

Transfer - TTTT to T-14

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 24, 2014 10:59 am

I attend a TTTT. I have a 3.8 GPA, Class rank = 5/25X. I received 2 Cali awards first semester and 3 Cali awards second semester. I have been invited to Law review. I made the Moot Court team. I have an internship with the FBI for the summer and a research position for the dean.

Do I have a chance at the following schools?

1.) Penn
2.) Duke
3.) Michigan
4.) Northwestern
5.) GULC
6.) Texas
7.) Vanderbilt
8.) Emory
9.) GW
10.) NYU
11.) UVA
12.) Columbia

^ If you could, please provide percentages

Me: I am Puerto Rican. My goal is to work with a Federal Agency, Federal Clerkship, or Academia. I would prefer to work in the Deep South, but the Northeast is cool too

Is it worth losing everything I've done at my TTTT to transfer to one of these schools?

Current School --> 20k tuition + 18k living expenses
Transfer Schools --> 45k-55k tuition + 15-20k living expenses

Thanks
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun May 25, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Re: Transfer - TTTT to T-14

Post by DoveBodyWash » Sat May 24, 2014 11:44 am

Anonymous User wrote: Is it worth losing everything I've done at my TTTT to transfer to one of these schools?
It really depends on "how TTTT" your TTTT is...and what your career goals are. It's difficult to answer the question without knowing more about the job opportunities your achievements at your current school can give you vis-a-vis the opportunities u actually want (that could perhaps be attainable by transferring)

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:I attend a TTTT. I have a 3.8 GPA, Class rank = 5/25X. I received 2 Cali awards first semester and 3 Cali awards second semester. I have been invited to Law review. I made the Moot Court team. I have an internship with the FBI for the summer and a research position for the dean.

Do I have a chance at the following schools?

1.) Penn
2.) Duke
3.) Michigan
4.) Northwestern
5.) GULC
6.) Texas
7.) Vanderbilt
8.) Emory
9.) GW
10.) WUSTL
11.) UVA

Is it worth losing everything I've done at my TTTT to transfer to one of these schools?

Current School --> 20k tuition + 18k living expenses
Transfer Schools --> 45k-55k tuition + 15-20k living expenses

Thanks
1.) Penn
2.) Duke
3.) Michigan
4.) Northwestern
5.) GULC
6.) Texas
7.) Vanderbilt
8.) Emory
9.) GW
10.) WUSTL
11.) UVA

not bolded are likely no or idk.
GW - weird thing about not taking TTTTs or TTTs
UVA you need VA Residency, but even then it's gonna be difficult.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Op here,

It's more likely that I am accepted at GULC than GW? That works for me ... heh. Anyway, I have removed WUSTL because I decided that Missouri is just not for me, and have since replaced it with NYU and Columbia (I know, even more impossible...).

I have also updated my main post to describe a bit about me and my goals

FSK

Platinum

Post by FSK » Thu May 29, 2014 11:55 am

Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 29, 2014 7:49 pm

flawschoolkid wrote:Don't transfer to GW.

why do u say that?

i am the op

eastcoast_iub

Bronze

Post by eastcoast_iub » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Second the poster who said "depends how TTTT you are." What school are you at?

Paul Campos

Silver

Post by Paul Campos » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Don't know if you should transfer (you have a shot at all these schools) but if you stay you absolutely should not pay a dime of tuition as a 2L or 3L.

GW at sticker is a terrible idea (huge class, very expensive, 100+ transfers, mediocre job prospects).

More generally, don't assume you have to pay sticker as a transfer, especially given the combination of your grades and your URM status.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:27 pm

OP here,

I do not attend Barry, FL Coastal, or Ave Maria... but my school is in FL.

I know for a fact my school will not offer more than 15,000 as a scholarship (even with an acceptance from Yale :shock: ) - so, the numbers I posted above (20k) have the scholarship calculated in.

I am pretty set on transferring as long as I can get into the top 13.

Emory, GW, and TX are kinda "iffy" for me, but I feel I would be happy with Vandy.

I truly hope to get admitted to Columbia, NYU, Penn or Northwestern, but GULC or Michigan would be awesome too.

How would I go about requesting $$$ for my transferee school if I get accepted into one? Would I say something along the lines of "Yo, since I'm a URM with my stats, I'll need some $$$ to leave my TTTT to accept admittance to your top-14 school"? Not sure how to word something like that

Thanks everyone

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”