LOR from professor Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

LOR from professor

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Most schools require 1 LOR from a professor to transfer. Does having my 1 LOR from a lecturer legal writing professor negatively impact my application?

Anonymous User

Re: LOR from professor

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Please note, my lecturer legal writing prof has got to know me very well and I am confident she will write a very strong letter for me. As for my other profs, will probably be a very generic letter.

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Please note, my lecturer legal writing prof has got to know me very well and I am confident she will write a very strong letter for me. As for my other profs, will probably be a very generic letter.
i got one from my Legal Writing prof. I really don't think they will care if it's too generic of specific. Just as long as it says you're not a screw up, you'll be fine.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:38 pm

UMich11 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Please note, my lecturer legal writing prof has got to know me very well and I am confident she will write a very strong letter for me. As for my other profs, will probably be a very generic letter.
i got one from my Legal Writing prof. I really don't think they will care if it's too generic of specific. Just as long as it says you're not a screw up, you'll be fine.
You're better off getting the LOR from your writing instructor if that letter is going to be more substantive. But remember that these LOR's don't really matter that much anyway

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:55 pm

My letter was from my legal writing instructor.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”