Dropped out. Question about returning. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Dropped out. Question about returning.

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Hey guys,

I have a somewhat unique situation that I need advice on. I have searched but have not been able to find much information.

I started law school in August of 2010 at a T2. I liked law school, but I had a decent fall back career so I really viewed it as an investment (as many do ITE). I completed 1L and finished around the 60th percentile of my class. As a result, I lost my scholarship that covered most of my tuition. I formally withdrew from my school and that was that.

I am now three years removed and feeling like I may have made a mistake. I am now in a career which is okay, but am by no means in love with. I am considering the idea of attending a local T3 part-time while continuing to work.

Now, here is the question. With my LSAT/GPA stats, I should be able to get basically a full ride. However, I am not sure how the new school will factor in my previous grades. From what I can remember, I thought that I lost all my previous credits. Obviously, because of my low 1L GPA, I would like to start with a fresh slate.

If I apply to the new school, will they be aware of my previous matriculation or is that something I am supposed to disclose?

Any experience or advice?

Thanks

BVest

Platinum

Re: Dropped out. Question about returning.

Post by BVest » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Most if not all the schools I applied to specifically asked on their applications if you had previously attended. In addition, the state bar in my state asks for all the law schools you've attended and copies of the applications to those schools to compare various disclosures. While I don't know if that's information they will have, I suspect it will be information you have to disclose for all of them either due to a direct question or due to concern about C&F causing you trouble down the line.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

john1990

Silver

Re: Dropped out. Question about returning.

Post by john1990 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:23 am

You should apply as a transfer student and start school as a 2L

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”