Transferring Questions Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transferring Questions

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:40 pm

I am dead set on transferring from a T4 law school. I am currently ranked 24/197 which is the top 12% of the class and I am in the "honors society." I am working my ass off to finish strong so my chances will be better. I was wondering what my chances at WUSL/Loyola Chicago/ Iowa/ UW Madison/ UIL/ UIN. I didn't write on at my current school on law review because I am dead set on transferring. The Law Review doesn't tell you if you made it on until the summer so I figured I would focus on nailing my exams. Do I have a good chance of getting into some top 50 schools? I only want to to transfer up at least into the T2 to make it worth it. In the coming weeks I will get some LORS and approach the registrar. Do transfer schools accept credit for externships? Is it worth it to try out for moot court or trial advocacy so I can put that as a soft? Midwest is my target area. My current scholarship is 10k. So I am still paying 28k + living expenses. I have no undergraduate debt. My career aspirations are to work in a big law firm or be a Assistant U.S. Attorney.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

transferror

Silver

Re: Transferring Questions

Post by transferror » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:46 pm

I only want to to transfer up at least into the T2 to make it worth it
Depending on which T2, it may not be worth it at all, especially since you'll be paying sticker for likely a 50/50 shot at regional employment/underemployment.

Get into the top 5% and hit up WUSTL, even though you missed their EA apps.

EDIT: Drop the poll until you apply and have actually been accepted. It would also be helpful to know whether you're on scholarship at current school and what your career goals are.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”