TTT JD/MBA to GWU EA Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

TTT JD/MBA to GWU EA

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:06 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legacy Rabbit

Bronze

Re: TTT JD/MBA to GWU EA

Post by Legacy Rabbit » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I finished my 1L year and am half way through a one year MBA. I am also on law review while doing the MBA. GPA 3.3 and Ranking is around 30%. Thus far MBA GPA is 3.9 and likely to remain that high as MBA is not as tough as law school. I will already be finished with MBA before transfer. I had 3 year international corporate legal experience before law school. UG GPA 3.1 in hard science and LSAT 149. What are chances for transferring to GWU EA? Thoughts?
1. I hope your MBA program is AACSB accredited.

2. Tier III - I am not like these characters who will knock down a person's chosen school. But seriously, you are "around" 30% in rank at a tier III ranked school. Research how many transfer students are admitted in GW. If I were you I would look at the past five years.

3. The 149 LSAT, which honestly made me cringe, because everything up to that point was pretty good.

I am not one to tell people not to apply, but you have an uphill battle, even with the MBA (I am in a program as well, and once I finish I am heading straight to law school). However, I am under the impression that you want DC. If that is the case, look at the other law schools that may be less judgmental to your LSAT score, and appreciate your softs.

Visit GW, if you have time. Visit with an admission counselor and sell yourself, if this is truly your intended goal, as oppose just asking on TLS.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Lsat won't matter enough if at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”