Rank 1 in my class at T3, transfer to T1? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rhome310

New

Rank 1 in my class at T3, transfer to T1?

Post by rhome310 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:35 pm

I currently rank number 1 in my class at a Tier 3 school (out of 180 students). My LSAT score is a 159. Do I have a shot at any Tier 1 schools? I was thinking about applying to George Washington and Boston College. Any suggestions?
Thank you!

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Re: Rank 1 in my class at T3, transfer to T1?

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:41 pm

You have a decent chance of at least GULC. Apply EA right now.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:48 pm

UnfrozenCaveman wrote:You have a decent chance of at least GULC. Apply EA right now.
OP, in case you don't know, GULC EA stands for Georgetown University Law Center, Early Action.

You have a shot at GW and Boston College and Boston University too (Pretty much any school you'd want to go to ranked 14 to 50). Apply to all three. If you apply to GULC before March 15th (Early Action) you'll be notified sometime in April. Do that.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:50 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
UnfrozenCaveman wrote:You have a decent chance of at least GULC. Apply EA right now.
OP, in case you don't know, GULC EA stands for Georgetown University Law Center, Early Action.

You have a shot at GW and Boston College and Boston University too (Pretty much any school you'd want to go to ranked 14 to 50). Apply to all three. If you apply to GULC before March 15th (Early Action) you'll be notified sometime in April. Do that.
Also. for all but a handful of schools you'll have to apply in the summer, so keep up those second semester grades.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Wholigan

Silver

Post by Wholigan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:23 pm

There are T14 schools that have accepted T3 students. Aside from applying to GULC EA, you might want to think about shooting higher than BC/GW if you retain your #1 rank through the end of the year. I recall seeing posts that Michigan and Berkeley have taken T3/T4 transfers, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other lower T14 schools also have.

rhome310

New

Post by rhome310 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 pm

OP here. Thank you, everyone. I am planning on applying EA to GULC and GWU very soon. I'll definitely consider some more options and apply broadly. I appreciate the advice and the optimism. At this point I would much rather attend a top 20 or 30 school and pay full price than stay where I am now. Again, thanks and if anyone has any more advice please keep it coming!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”