Georgetown Transfer 2014 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lavenderpenguin

New

Re: Georgetown Transfer 2014

Post by lavenderpenguin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:54 pm

kshs2014 wrote:I got the email asking if i was still interested and then got an email saying i was among a handful of candidates under strong consideration for admission.

i can't take this anymore.
Just now? Or are you talking about the email that was sent a few days ago?
rintina wrote:top 20% from T50 school. ties to Cali.
i have until Monday to accept. i am thinking hard whether to accept or not..
Rintina, could you please let us know whether you decide to accept/decline Georgetown's offer (whenever you make that decision)? Also, congrats on your GULC acceptance and the USC acceptance!

kshs2014

New

Post by kshs2014 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:00 pm

lavenderpenguin wrote:
kshs2014 wrote:I got the email asking if i was still interested and then got an email saying i was among a handful of candidates under strong consideration for admission.

Rintina, could you please let us know whether you decide to accept/decline Georgetown's offer (whenever you make that decision)? Also, congrats on your GULC acceptance and the USC acceptance!

Two weeks ago I got the are you still interested because we may have spots email and then last week I got the you are among a handful of candidates under strong consideration for admission and you should receive a decision within the coming days.

lavenderpenguin

New

Post by lavenderpenguin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:09 pm

kshs2014 wrote:
lavenderpenguin wrote:

Two weeks ago I got the are you still interested because we may have spots email and then last week I got the you are among a handful of candidates under strong consideration for admission and you should receive a decision within the coming days.
Kshs2014, would you mind sharing your stats?

kshs2014

New

Post by kshs2014 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:11 pm

top 10% at a T100, softs: many years of work experience and strong undergrad record.

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:18 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
derfs wrote:FWIW, I did not receive an email last week from admissions asking if I was still interested in being considered for a spot.

If anyone wants to know my status, feel free to PM me. Still deciding.
OMG ur alive
Hi, thanks for blowing up my phone last night asking if I decided yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:25 pm

derfs wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
derfs wrote:FWIW, I did not receive an email last week from admissions asking if I was still interested in being considered for a spot.

If anyone wants to know my status, feel free to PM me. Still deciding.
OMG ur alive
Hi, thanks for blowing up my phone last night asking if I decided yet.
Well, HAVE YOU?!

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Leave me alone.

Can anyone send me a list of the firms that are participating on EIW? I don't have access to Symplicity yet.

derfs

New

Post by derfs » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Update: Some of y'all asked me to let you know if I decide to attend GULC. Will be withdrawing Monday. Good luck!

carebear7

New

Post by carebear7 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:04 pm

I am still on Transfer Waitlist. Does anyone in 2014 Transfer class have an idea of current class size? Any others still on WL?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bsktbll28082

Silver

Post by bsktbll28082 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm on waitlist. I don't really expect to get in though.

npKoosh

New

Post by npKoosh » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:39 pm

I go to Howard Law and have a B.S. in Computer Science. I spent 13 years working in the field and currently help my husband run his own IP law firm.
I dont know what my ranking is at my school yet, because they dont do it until the end of the 1L year. I did well in a few of my classes (As) but got 1 unfortunate C. My cumulative is still above the curve. I applied for early decision.

What do you think my chances are?

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Re: GULC Transfer 2014

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:06 am

Nebby wrote:Top 1%
T2

For folks in the future reading this. This year's cycle is not like 2013, but rather it's similar to 2012. In 2012, admitted folks gained access via the "backdoor" before their letters arrived. Here's the link to the "backdoor": http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted ... ssword.cfm

If it gives you an error, it means you're not in the system as admitted. If it sends you a username/password (which won't work), then it means you're in the system as admitted, and your real login credentials should be in your acceptance letter. In 2012 the same scenario occurred. Folks gained access to the backdoor, the username/password didn't work, two or three days later they received their letters in the mail with credentials.

Similar to 2012, this year's cycle (2014) did not seem to have any pattern in regard to status updates and access to the backdoor. Here's the link to when folks started getting passwords kicked out via backdoor in 2012: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=900

In 2012 backdoor worked on 4/24 (Tuesday)
In 2014 backdoor worked on 4/08 (Tuesday)
In 2012 acceptance letters received on 4/27 (Friday)
In 2014 acceptance letters received on 4/......

Also for future reference, here's the link to the 2013 cycle: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=205054

I love you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”