Any shot at GULC Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any shot at GULC

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:03 pm

I finished 1st semester somewhere between top 1/3 to top 25%. Should find out soon. Do I have any shot, or should I not bother sending an app and getting an LOR until next semester.

holepunch

New

Re: Any shot at GULC

Post by holepunch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Shouldn't it be somewhat contingent on the general rank of the school you're applying from?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:14 am

Oops yeah should've posted that. School is in the 40s-50s. I really wanna be in DC

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Anyone?

boxie

New

Post by boxie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Realistically, it is probably a stretch to get in early action. I transferred last year, and judging by the 2013 GULC waiting thread (and ones from years prior), it is generally the top 10% people who find success in the EA process, while the rest are deferred until after second semester grades are released.

If you think you can pick up a good LOR now, it doesn't hurt to apply. You'll likely be deferred to the regular admission cycle though. You should really focus on grades for now though - if you can get closer to 15/20%, you'd have much better odds.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Probably not bro. Sorry. Get to top 20% and try in spring.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”