Transferring from T50 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transferring from T50

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi all,
I am currently at a T50 school on the East Coast and I am considering an option to transfer. I have 3 grades, and I am awaiting my final grade in one class. So far, I have received and A, and A-, and an A+ (mandatory median at our school is around 3.3).

I am considering transfer to GULC, but I am looking at other options as well. Any advice?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Re: Transferring from T50

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:49 pm

You're likely in the top 5% of your class. I would say shoot higher than GULC, considering your phenomenal performance. Keep it up next semester.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Danger Zone wrote:You're likely in the top 5% of your class. I would say shoot higher than GULC, considering your phenomenal performance. Keep it up next semester.
This is what I'm terrified of. I'm almost more stressed now that I have to keep my performance up. I suppose part of what I like about GULC and perhaps UChicago is that I can apply early.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Don't be too worried. If you did this well, you are a person that "gets" law school. It's rare for a person to have wide variations between their first and second semesters.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:30 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:13 am

brotherdarkness wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:You're likely in the top 5% of your class. I would say shoot higher than GULC, considering your phenomenal performance. Keep it up next semester.
This is what I'm terrified of. I'm almost more stressed now that I have to keep my performance up. I suppose part of what I like about GULC and perhaps UChicago is that I can apply early.
As DZ said, you're likely going to be just fine. Use the pressure to keep you from resting on your laurels and crush your second semester.
Wow, thanks to both of you for the boost of confidence...I really needed to hear that from fellow law students. I've already starting driving myself crazy, trying to study 14 hours a day, and I know that is hardly a sustainable lifestyle!

tivera23

New

Post by tivera23 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
As DZ said, you're likely going to be just fine. Use the pressure to keep you from resting on your laurels and crush your second semester.
Wow, thanks to both of you for the boost of confidence...I really needed to hear that from fellow law students. I've already starting driving myself crazy, trying to study 14 hours a day, and I know that is hardly a sustainable lifestyle!

No need to do that, just do what you did last semester. Based on your terrific first semester results, as long as you know the material sufficiently well, you're someone who will do well on an exam.

transfer57

New

Post by transfer57 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:52 am

I was in the same boat - it might be worth putting in the application at GULC as a form of insurance. You'll probably repeat, but who knows. Shit happens, get a good umbrella.

doctoroflaw91

Bronze

Post by doctoroflaw91 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:14 pm

transfer57 wrote:I was in the same boat - it might be worth putting in the application at GULC as a form of insurance. You'll probably repeat, but who knows. Shit happens, get a good umbrella.
My thoughts as well..I'm all set in terms of paperwork, but it doesn't appear that they have loaded their transfer application onto LSAC. Looks like I might be going with good ol' snail mail in the hopes of getting this out of the way before the semester is really in full swing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sap

Bronze

Post by sap » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:21 am

If I'm remembering correctly, the GULC app won't open until Feb sometime. Don't worry about needing to do paper - GULC isn't going to expect many applications before its form goes live. The transfer apps are fast, and if you really do have all of your paperwork done, it'll take about 15 minutes to fill out the short LSAC form (half of which gets pre-populated with answers you gave for your initial admission apps).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:36 am

sap wrote:If I'm remembering correctly, the GULC app won't open until Feb sometime. Don't worry about needing to do paper - GULC isn't going to expect many applications before its form goes live. The transfer apps are fast, and if you really do have all of your paperwork done, it'll take about 15 minutes to fill out the short LSAC form (half of which gets pre-populated with answers you gave for your initial admission apps).
Many thanks! I've already got my finalized personal statement and my professor's LOR ready to go, so now we're just waiting on the app. GULC said that their transfer application will go live on February 3rd. :shock:

BVest

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by BVest » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”