UCLA LR Write-On for Transfers....does anyone REALLY get on? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Socallawgirl

New

UCLA LR Write-On for Transfers....does anyone REALLY get on?

Post by Socallawgirl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:37 pm

The thought of doing another write-on is kind of sickening...especially once school has actually started. Does anyone know at UCLA how many or if any transfer students actually GET ON Law Review? Or in general, at schools that do a separate write-on for transfer students, how many kids typically get-on? Sometimes I think it is just a formality to have one so people feel more compelled to transfer......but maybe I'm just a skeptic.

Thanks!!!

xtian

New

Re: UCLA LR Write-On for Transfers....does anyone REALLY get on?

Post by xtian » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 pm

at the transfer student meeting earlier this month, Dean Cheadle said that in the last couple years 2-5 students traditionally made it. the UCLA transfer class is usually 35-40 students, and keep in mind certainly not everyone attempts the write on.

This is pure guess work, but if half the kids, say 20, attempt the write on, you've got at worst a 10% chance and at best a 25% chance. I bet not even half try it, but that's just a guess.

I believe three years ago a transfer made the write-on and ended up becoming editor-in-chief of the law review.

lawdude1251

New

Re: UCLA LR Write-On for Transfers....does anyone REALLY get on?

Post by lawdude1251 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:25 pm

xtian wrote:at the transfer student meeting earlier this month, Dean Cheadle said that in the last couple years 2-5 students traditionally made it. the UCLA transfer class is usually 35-40 students, and keep in mind certainly not everyone attempts the write on.

This is pure guess work, but if half the kids, say 20, attempt the write on, you've got at worst a 10% chance and at best a 25% chance. I bet not even half try it, but that's just a guess.

I believe three years ago a transfer made the write-on and ended up becoming editor-in-chief of the law review.

You are correct. I posed the same question in an email to editor and this is what she wrote back:

"Typically, 15-30 transfer students write on, and the Law Review offers membership to 2-5 of those students. This year we plan on staying within that range of offers."

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”