FSU v. Georgetown Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

FSU v. Georgetown

FSU
46%
Georgetown
54%

Total votes: 24

djf

New

FSU v. Georgetown

Post by djf » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Originally from a T4 Florida school (top 1%). I was admitted to FSU in May & just moved near the school. Georgetown just sent me my admissions letter today - right after I finished moving to Tallahassee. FSU in-state tuition about $19,000 vs. Georgetown about $48,000. Any advise would be appreciated.

Nammertat

Silver

Re: FSU v. Georgetown

Post by Nammertat » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Going to need a LOT more information if you want valuable feedback.

1) Target market
2) Biglaw or Midlaw or PI or something else
3) Fallback job thoughts
4) FSU OCI odds of finding SA

djf

New

Post by djf » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:17 pm

I have no interest in BigLaw. I want a federal job - United State's Attorney or FBI.

Scoot Scoot

New

Post by Scoot Scoot » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:29 pm

FWIW, you're not going to get either of those right after you graduate.

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Scoot Scoot wrote:FWIW, you're not going to get either of those right after you graduate.
You can get FBI. They definitley recruit law students, but I didnt find it appealing. Helps if you have military background like I do...but not mandatory.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

abandoli05

New

Post by abandoli05 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:20 pm

biglaw99

New

Post by biglaw99 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:03 am

Very hard to beat the in-state tuition of $19,000. Debt always matters
djf wrote:Originally from a T4 Florida school (top 1%). I was admitted to FSU in May & just moved near the school. Georgetown just sent me my admissions letter today - right after I finished moving to Tallahassee. FSU in-state tuition about $19,000 vs. Georgetown about $48,000. Any advise would be appreciated.

Scoot Scoot

New

Post by Scoot Scoot » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:47 pm

jmls1987 wrote:
Scoot Scoot wrote:FWIW, you're not going to get either of those right after you graduate.
You can get FBI. They definitley recruit law students, but I didnt find it appealing. Helps if you have military background like I do...but not mandatory.
Only reason I say this about the FBI is because a buddy of mine that works there full time said that they are stopping the intern program due to budget cuts (as well as training any new special agents). The source is reliable, but, as it is with everything, TIFWIW.

Extension_Cord

Silver

Post by Extension_Cord » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:47 pm

That's a big difference in tuition. If it were any other T14, Id say go with the T14. But since its Georgetown, I think the logical decision is go with FSU. However, I might just suck it up go with Georgetown just to say you went to a T14.

You also have to consider living expenses. Tallahassee is probably much cheaper in terms of COL also.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”