TTTT--> WUSTL, Illinois, or Minnesota? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which school will give the best bang for the buck?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 pm

WUSTL
78%
Illinois
6%
Minnesota
17%

Total votes: 18

Anonymous User

TTTT--> WUSTL, Illinois, or Minnesota?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:45 pm

I am having trouble making a decision on these three schools. I know these schools are regional, but I have no preference as to where I practice law. I have small scholarships at both WUSTL and Illinois. Minnesota did not offer me anything. I want to go to a school where I will enjoy the final two years and have decent employment options. Ideally, I would like to be placed in a mid to large sized firm. Any advice will be helpful. Do transfers do better at one of these schools than others??

kyle010723

Silver

Re: TTTT--> WUSTL, Illinois, or Minnesota?

Post by kyle010723 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:49 pm

If you want Chicago and Chicago only, go with Illinois.

If you don't really care about market and want to keep all option open. Go with WUSTL.

Frankly WUSTL's campus is gorgeous and it's in a city. So you'll probably enjoy it more than Champion.

I wouldn't really consider Minnesota unless it specifically appeals you for some personal reason.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:44 pm

kyle010723 wrote:If you want Chicago and Chicago only, go with Illinois.

If you don't really care about market and want to keep all option open. Go with WUSTL.

Frankly WUSTL's campus is gorgeous and it's in a city. So you'll probably enjoy it more than Champion.

I wouldn't really consider Minnesota unless it specifically appeals you for some personal reason.

Thank you. I appreciate your input. I am leaning toward WUSTL, but will probably visit both campuses. Who knows....I may get off waitlist/hold at a T14 and go there last minute

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:50 pm

ahhh, now you are making me worry how many people Northwestern placed on hold...

Randomnumbers

Bronze

Post by Randomnumbers » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:57 pm

If you want to enjoy the next two years, WUSTL is great for quality of life - very congenial class, very cheap city with great food options.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:08 pm

If you do end up transferring to WUSTL, PM me. I am strongly considering transferring there as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:36 pm

OP here, why is Illinois not getting votes? Is the school just falling off the map or is it because there is no where to practice but the Chicago land area?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:45 pm

A combination of both I think. Two years ago before the fallout, I'd probably pick Illinois over WUSTL, but as of today, I think WUSTL is a better choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”