Accept LR? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Accept LR?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Currently at a T2 not in my target market with transfer acceptance in hand from GULC. Small scholarship ($12k/year), so it seemed like a no-brainer to transfer. But now I've made LR and I'm not sure. So, 2 questions:

1. Now that I made LR, should I stay?
2. Deadline to accept LR is tomorrow - should I just accept for now and decide later (when more application decisions come around) or would that be fucked up?

radar714

Bronze

Re: Accept LR?

Post by radar714 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm pretty sure transfers to GULC don't get to do EIW/OCI so if you're gunning for biglaw it might not be a wise choice just FYI

rogermurdoch

New

Post by rogermurdoch » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:13 pm

If you accept law review and transfer they will probably just give your spot to someone else.

Wholigan

Silver

Post by Wholigan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Just accept LR and if you decide to transfer, withdraw. They will understand.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:33 pm

radar714 wrote:I'm pretty sure transfers to GULC don't get to do EIW/OCI so if you're gunning for biglaw it might not be a wise choice just FYI
They do. Bidding doesn't close for another 2 weeks.
rogermurdoch wrote:If you accept law review and transfer they will probably just give your spot to someone else.
Wholigan wrote:Just accept LR and if you decide to transfer, withdraw. They will understand.
Thanks!

But any answer on question 1? Should I transfer?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rogermurdoch

New

Post by rogermurdoch » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:54 pm

If I were in your shoes I would probably transfer since the cost looks to be similar and your T2 is not in the target market. You might want to see if the current school will increase your scholarship.

zor

Bronze

Post by zor » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:49 am

rogermurdoch wrote:If I were in your shoes I would probably transfer since the cost looks to be similar and your T2 is not in the target market. You might want to see if the current school will increase your scholarship.
Echoing this. If you can extract a larger scholarship from your school that would give me serious pause, but with all else being fairly equal the GW degree will be a lot more portable to your desired market than a T2/T3 outside of it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”