Michigan v. IUB Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Where should I spend my next two years?

A. Go to Michigan,
52%
B. Stay at Indiana only if they give me a full ride, or
33%
C. Stay at Indiana no matter what.
14%

Total votes: 21

Anonymous User

Michigan v. IUB

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Re: Michigan v. IUB

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Career goals? Where do you want to live post graduation?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steele

New

Post by steele » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:58 pm

I would go to Michigan. It is going to be difficult for you to get any firm job in Chicago out of IU-B because top-25 percent is not going to cut it for the few Chicago firms that come to IU-B's OCI.

I made this same decision a couple years ago. PM me if you want more information.

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:00 am

you are only top 25% - do you think every student ranked ahead of you is on full scholarship? If not, do you think you are the only top 25% student not on full scholarship that applied for transfer? If not, do you think the school has enough money set aside to give every student accepted to a higher ranked law school a full scholarship for the remaining two years? If not, do you think you, being only top 25% and already on 3/4 scholarship, will be a priority for IUB with respect to scholarship money?

IUB will not give you more money IMO. They would be very silly to do so. Id take the Michigan acceptance over top 25% IUB in a heartbeat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eastcoast_iub

Bronze

Post by eastcoast_iub » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Last edited by eastcoast_iub on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eastcoast_iub

Bronze

Post by eastcoast_iub » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
eastcoast_iub wrote:Made this same decision last year (with about 90% scholarship). Do it and don't think twice. IUB OCI is non-existent. Top 25% at IUB you will have very little chance at BigLaw. But I know top 25% person from similarly ranked school in this year's transfer class who scored BigLaw.
When you say their OCI is non-existant, do you mean they have few firms participating or that the firms that do participate don't do much hiring from IUB?
Very few big law firms participate. One from DC, 0 from NY, 1 or 2 from Chicago, the rest regional firms (Indiana, Cincinnati, etc.). Only about 25 firms total. A massive difference from Michigan, where the great majority of V100 firms participated.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”