TTT--->T14 and other regional schools Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

TTT--->T14 and other regional schools

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:57 pm

3.66 at a regional TTT. Not sure where that ranks me (school won't rank until the fall, based on conversations with past students somewhere in the 10-15% range).

Target: Michigan (from the state, attended for UG [played that up in essays, mentioned really wanting to come back]). Am I reaching way too high here? Anyone with any experience? Couldn't really find much in terms of stats to help gauge my chances. I checked the transfer stats stickied at the top but I couldn't find anything comparable to my situation.

Also, anywhere else I should consider that's more of a shoe-in? I'd like to be able have a little negotiating chip with the Dean of Students to get some scholarship money if Michigan doesn't work out. Mostly looking to stick to the mid-west but really at that point, I'm just looking for a bargaining chip (realistic enough that the threat to leave would be credible).

Danger Zone

Platinum

Re: TTT--->T14 and other regional schools

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Mich is likely out, but an app could be worth it. WUSTL for bargaining, or UIUC if that's your scene.

Anonymous User

Re: TTT--->T14 and other regional schools

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:07 pm

OP here again. Would it make a difference that my school is in Mich and Umich has historically taken transfers from there? I did some more searching on the stickied thread by drmguy and found a couple applicants that were similarly situated GPA wise, different school rankings though. One only had a 3.39, only 2 years WE from a school ranked 30-40.

Also, thanks for the WUSTL tip. They slipped my mind and don't have an app fee apparently.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”