Transferring Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transferring

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi, I'm wondering how this process works. Namely, I'd like to know if I should be filling out apps now or waiting for spring grades. I wanted to keep this on the DL, because I'm a paranoid individual and don't think it's impossible this may influence grading some. Additionally, as I'd only transfer to the big 3, I didn't want to go through the bother of being on bad terms with my school if my odds were sub-40% of getting one of HYS.

I had never thought about transferring as I like my school, and how they've treated me, and most everyone in my class. However, job placement wise for my geographic targets those 3 do place better, and culturally I would prefer to live in a climate that has more people from my ethnicity to be able to reconnect spiritually for these next 2 years. I am a very self disciplined individual, and can study 14 hours per day 7 days per week for a year (with many TLS and Funny or Die breaks), but for 2 more years, I have this yearning to be with people from my culture and meet women from that culture that started to influence my ability to study and keep focused as much this semester. Thanks so much!

echooo23

Bronze

Re: Transferring

Post by echooo23 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:58 pm

If you're gonna do it, you should jump on it now. You're going to need LORs from current professors. It might take a while for those profs to get them in, since they probably have hundreds of exams to read in the next few weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 13, 2013 9:41 pm

OP - has anyone heard of this affecting grades? My concern is if one professor mentions it to a few professors, and my grades suffer as a result then not only do I not get in, but I do worse at OCI.

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Mon May 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP - has anyone heard of this affecting grades? My concern is if one professor mentions it to a few professors, and my grades suffer as a result then not only do I not get in, but I do worse at OCI.
Profs don't grade blind at your school?

(A) I doubt profs would care enough to talk about you with other profs
(B) I doubt profs would care enough to throw away their integrity

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 pm

]
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue May 14, 2013 9:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP - has anyone heard of this affecting grades? My concern is if one professor mentions it to a few professors, and my grades suffer as a result then not only do I not get in, but I do worse at OCI.
Profs don't grade blind at your school?

(A) I doubt profs would care enough to talk about you with other profs
(B) I doubt profs would care enough to throw away their integrity
OP here - it's impossible to know. I'd like to think I was hated, and got good grades last time because I'm smart, but I wouldn't go too far with it. A friend of mine knew a subject cold, once bad mouthed the professor, turned in what they felt was her best test and got below median. This was a test with an easy curve because nobody knew the subject.
wut

what TTTT do you go to?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 am

This is some paranoid shit, bro. The professors I've talked to have been extremely supportive, and I don't exactly go to a TLS approved school.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 2:49 pm

n
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 2:51 pm

jh

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:33 pm

I would chalk that up to tests being unpredictable. I really can't imagine a professor doing that because you wanted to transfer. Lots of professors don't have that much school loyalty any way.

But start your applications now and wait for your grades. Especially the letters of rec and personal statement. That shit can take a while to get. The LSAC paperwork doesn't take too long, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”