T-4 to T-1 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
holein5

New

T-4 to T-1

Post by holein5 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 pm

I was accepted to a tier-4 law school as a AAMPLE student and after my first semester I am ranked second in my class. my LSAT score was 140 and my UGPA was 3.00. I have thought about transferring to a tier-1 law school, but I don't want to fool myself into thinking that I have a shot when I don't. One of my professors asked me if I had thought about it, but he would go no further in discussing it with me. I currently live in the western half of the country, but I would not be opposed to transferring eastward. Do I have a chance? If so, where? If not, why? If not tier-1, tier-2? Should I stay put?

nvargo352

New

Re: T-4 to T-1

Post by nvargo352 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Honestly schools don't care too much about your LSAT score or UGPA if you are transferring. I think you should apply but be realistic with your expectations. I would definitely take the opportunity to apply. I transferred from a T4 to a T1 after my first year. I was ranked in the top 5% of my class. I know plenty of people that were around my GPA that got into schools throughout T1. The closer you get to the Top14 the more difficult it will be obviously.

If you want to stay, be aware of your schools reputation around the area you want to work and know what kind of job you are looking for.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”