UVA to Columbia Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

UVA to Columbia

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 am

My Fiance has been offered a position in NYC doing something that Charlottesville does not allow (no positions). I am at UVA and after first semester I am right at about top 15%. My big issue is she has to accept and move to NYC before I hear back from Columbia. I dont think getting letters of rec will be an issue, but I have no idea what my grades will be this semester (obviously).

She is not willing to go live in NYC alone without knowing I will be coming. But there is really no way for me to know. Anyone have any insight on this? I would also apply to NYU, but would prefer columbia (based on visits from UG). I had no chance of getting into these schools with my low LSAT from UG.

Anyone have any experience or insight? Thanks everyone!

Anonymous User

Re: UVA to Columbia

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Bump?

Wont do it again, I understand that there is probably close to no data point to go off of on this.

juzam_djinn

Bronze

Post by juzam_djinn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:58 pm

This is a less common transfer, but looking at other data it seems like top 15% from low t-14's were mostly successful for ccn, so I'd have to imagine UVA w/ such a compelling reason would give you a very good chance at columbia and almost certainly at least one of columbia or nyu

Still, as I'm sure you probably know, there's no sure thing. That, and there's a chance your rank could change after 2nd sem.

Best of luck though, I'm in a similar situation. Hoping things work out for both of us.

NYCtransferhopeful12

New

Post by NYCtransferhopeful12 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Transferred this year from a different T-10 to Col/NYU. My grades were nowhere near top 15% but thankfully my new school took me. I was getting married and moving to NYC over the summer so this made my life so much more helpful. Besides everything else you need to do, spend time crafting a good personal statement I'd say. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”