Transfer PS Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfer PS

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Does future employability play a factor in the transfer process? Should I state that, in addition to applying to firms in large markets, that I am still going to be applying in my smaller home market (vault firms that have secondary offices here)?

I am not sure if it even matters but want to do whatever I can to crack the t14.
Thanks.

Nammertat

Silver

Re: Transfer PS

Post by Nammertat » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does future employability play a factor in the transfer process? Should I state that, in addition to applying to firms in large markets, that I am still going to be applying in my smaller home market (vault firms that have secondary offices here)?

I am not sure if it even matters but want to do whatever I can to crack the t14.
Thanks.
I'm not claiming to be an expert, but from a #'s standpoint it makes sense they would want transfers to get jobs. We have no effect on their GPA/LSAT stats for USNWR, but transfers absolutely effect employment data which also effects rankings.

Uncle.Joe

Bronze

Post by Uncle.Joe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 am

Don't do this. Its a numbers game.

Just write about what you want to do with the law degree and how youve dreamed of X school or whatever u wrote the first time. Chances are they won't read it.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 am

Just write a regular, boring PS that someone will skim over like the rest of it. Be vague and talked about improved employment prospects. Profit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm

So, for xfer apps.... Resume > PS

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”