ED to UChi? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

ED to UChi?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice on whether or not to try to transfer. I'm at a T25, we don't rank but last semester I got a 3.76/4.00 which, based on past years, would put me in approximately the top 5-8% of my class.

I'm wondering if people think it would make sense for me to try to transfer to Chicago and, if so, what my chances of getting in would look like. I want biglaw (in either Chicago or one of a number of smaller insular secondary markets I don't want to specify so as not to out myself) and I would also be very interested in doing a clerkship (or two). My current school has a pretty good record of placing good students into AIII clerkships (maybe slightly better than its rank), but I know Chi is in another universe for that.

FWIW, I applied ED to UChi coming out and got rejected. I really wanted to attend then, and though I'm happy at my school now, if it would make a significant difference in career prospects/security, I wouldn't have a problem leaving.

Thanks!

Frm312

New

Re: ED to UChi?

Post by Frm312 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 pm

I have the same question. I just got a 4.0 at a T2 in philly. Even though I like by school, the allure of Cicago is hard to resist considering that I have the grades for it. I am looking to work big law; either in NY or philly. Also, I have a considerable scholarship at my school currently which would be pretty shitty to have to give up

Gold

Re: ED to UChi?

Post by 20130312 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Frm312 wrote:I have the same question. I just got a 4.0 at a T2 in philly. Even though I like by school, the allure of Cicago is hard to resist considering that I have the grades for it. I am looking to work big law; either in NY or philly. Also, I have a considerable scholarship at my school currently which would be pretty shitty to have to give up
We are the exact same person.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”